Electronic dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwal001

Reaction score
Hi,
I know this is the wrong catergory to be asking about dive logs, but i know there are quite few of you out there who really know their stuff and are very helpful to gummbies such as myself.
Now my query is this,
i was wondering if anyone has come across or is using a good electronic dive log that is downloadable from the net and isn't shareware (i.e won't expire in 30 days)? My dive computer is not down loadable, so i have to record dives the old way.
I've got over 1500 dives floating around in various log books, it would be very handy (for occupational diving certification purposes) to have my dives in electronic format so i can print them when needed.
Can anyone help?
Thank you

Is a free download from their website www.suunto.com. This is the same software they sell for their computers. The difference obviously is you'll have to enter the data to create the graphics and profile. But without a computer and the ability to interface it, it will have to do. It doesn't expire and is up-gradable when new versions are released. :pcangry:

Thanks for that, have down loaded it and will check it out. Now all i have to do is enter all the dives!!! Must be time for a downloadable dive computer!!

jwal001:
Thanks for that, have down loaded it and will check it out. Now all i have to do is enter all the dives!!! Must be time for a downloadable dive computer!!

If you do want something that will electronically log actual dives, I suggest keeping whatever you have now and getting a Sensus Pro logger.

It's a "little black box" that's just over $100 and is about an inch cubed. It attaches anywhere to your body, has no display, never needs a new battery, and has free software that runs on almost every OS there is. You avoid the expense of a computer *and* a download kit, and never need to change it when you get a new puter. I love mine, and I just ordered a Sony Clie so I can view my profiles at dive sites.

Aqua Ho:
Got any more info on this little gadget? How exactly do you interface with it if it has no battery or display?

www.reefnet.on.ca

It has no display, but it has a battery. But with no display, the battery lasts for several years. It's just a logging device. You drop it on the interface and download it to your computer and have all the info there.

It's not exactly a dive computer, but it lets you use whatever computer/bottom timer you like but still get all the downloadability of the computers that have interfaces. And it's less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom