Emergency/survival dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also consider using a weight belt instead of integrated weights so if you are left behind you can attach a reel to the belt, then drop the belt so it will anchor you in the first place someone will come back to when they are looking for you. All searches start at the place where you were originally lost and then expand out from there, so you are better off being in the first place they will look. If there is something on the bottom that you can safely go back down to and attach the reel it would be better then using the belt.

That is a very good point. I'm not sure I would have thought about using my weight belt as an anchor. Smart thinking.

If you might go out to sea think about putting this in your pocket..

Fastfind Dive Canister the container and epirb eliminates the search and starts the recovery.

It is not inexpensive but with satelite tracking in a waterproof container is a good way to have them kn ow where you are.

I'll bet that canister is huge though. I didn't see any dimensions listed, but look at the unit itself on that guy's gear, and then imagine a cylindrical canister around it. It'll be the size of a pony bottle!

Shark repellent? I saw some yesterday that comes in a small canister that you drop into the water column. Smells like dead shark. Problem is that you would probably smell like dead shark after!

I'll bet that canister is huge though. I didn't see any dimensions listed, but look at the unit itself on that guy's gear, and then imagine a cylindrical canister around it. It'll be the size of a pony bottle!

The epirb is [FONT=arial, helvetica]3" x 6" x 2.1" The canister will be a little larger. I would guess about 3.5 to 4" round by 6.5 to 7 inches tall. would fit in a thigh pocket.[/FONT]

attachment.php

If you want all the details about how to put one together you can read about it here

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...onal-locator-beacon-how-never-lost-sea-3.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom