Emergency/survival dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If i am within a few miles of shore, I'm swimming back in....If I am 25 miles out, or someplace where a swim back is impossible, I will make sure plenty of people know where I will be, and when I should be back...then if the boat disappears, I just need to be comfortable for a few hours on my own( with buddies)---for a morning dive where the boat is gone........this would suggest a late afternoon dive stupidly far from shore, would not be intelligent.

The signaling gear mentioned is good...a radar flag is something that could fit in my backplate pouch...as could the Halcyon Life Raft....

One of my buddy always pack half a litre of water as well as high energy bar in his survival kit when diving in some remote places.

Water hmm...maybe I'll add some and a collapsible hat for those super remote places. I can imagine if bobbing on the ocean for hours on end the sun could become a big problem rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom