Emerging National Emergency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clive francis:
here are some facts to back up what i have been saying and you are blindly denying:

Wilma is the 12th hurricane of the season, the same number reached in 1969 and the highest since record-keeping began in 1851. - so they are not increasing in frequency?

It is also the 21st named storm, tying the record set in 1933.

With the six-month hurricane season due to end on November 30, Wilma is the last on the 21-name list for storms this year.
If any other storms form, letters from the Greek alphabet would be used for the first time, starting with Alpha.

here is the link: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1199521,00.html
So Clive, what do you suggest we do as a people? What is YOUR answer or solution to the problem?

clive francis:
here are some facts to back up what i have been saying and you are blindly denying:

Wilma is the 12th hurricane of the season, the same number reached in 1969 and the highest since record-keeping began in 1851. - so they are not increasing in frequency?

It is also the 21st named storm, tying the record set in 1933.

With the six-month hurricane season due to end on November 30, Wilma is the last on the 21-name list for storms this year.
If any other storms form, letters from the Greek alphabet would be used for the first time, starting with Alpha.

here is the link: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1199521,00.html

I wonder what they were saying the year the record was set:06:

BigSage136, You bring up a good point, I was thinking the same thing.

Dangit... you've got another big blow coming you way. I wish you luck!!

I think we are in for an extended season. I've adopted a sherpa way of life.:D

Spoke to my sister in Jersey the other day. She said the flood literally stopped at her door, and all she needed was pestilence. I told her don't worry, bird flu was due any day now. :D Whatcha gonna do?

Some say its written.

I say have a good day TODAY!

:wink:

Randy43068:
So Clive, what do you suggest we do as a people? What is YOUR answer or solution to the problem?

there are no quick fixes, the climate cycles but we are not helping it, well we are really, we are helping it to accelerate.

on the news last week it said GM were suffering due to high fuel costs, people weren't buying the huge litre engines.

your government could start working to reduce your emissions as a nation in line with the rest of us, every little bit helps more economic engines could go a long way to helping.

i mean you can only do 55 so why do you need a 5 litre v8, when a european 4 cyclinder can do the same but at half the fuel?

clive francis:
there are no quick fixes, the climate cycles but we are not helping it, well we are really, we are helping it to accelerate.

on the news last week it said GM were suffering due to high fuel costs, people weren't buying the huge litre engines.

your government could start working to reduce your emissions as a nation in line with the rest of us, every little bit helps more economic engines could go a long way to helping.

i mean you can only do 55 so why do you need a 5 litre v8, when a european 4 cyclinder can do the same but at half the fuel?

But I think that you will see the ghost of John Wayne drinking vodka out of a dixie cup before that day.:D

clive francis:

Haven't been here in a few years huh?
Speed limit is 70 mph, average speed more like 80,
Some of us need to haul 8-10 tanks & gear, and would like to do 0-60 in something measured by a clock not a calendar.

I can out-accelerate some of these wimpy cars with my 34,600 lb gvw Motorhome.

Actually I thought that several states had more stringent legislation already in place than is required by Kyoto. Only this morning for instance I saw a report where one state gives out subsidies (tax breaks) for solar panels. The one guy they interviewed got a break of $46,000 for installing panels. Now he's way ahead of the game considering his electricity is virtually free....and US energy costs are rising!

HarleyDiver:
Haven't been here in a few years huh?
Speed limit is 70 mph, average speed more like 80,
Some of us need to haul 8-10 tanks & gear, and would like to do 0-60 in something measured by a clock not a calendar.

I can out-accelerate some of these wimpy cars with my 34,600 lb gvw Motorhome.

thats exactly the response i was expecting.

we have a diesel van that takes that plus more and 6 people, yes we dont get there at mach 3 but we get there and once you get to 70 you cant go any faster due to speed cameras, so top speed is not relevant

tell me how gallons to the mile does your motorhome do?

you cant sit there complaining about storms etc. etc. when you are helping to contribute to it.

I think they should take some of the technology shelved by the oil companies and come up with a better way to power vehicles. We are using ancient basic internal combustion engines with some modern bells and whistles now. There has to be a better, more efficient, enviromental friendly way.

Back
Top Bottom