END Surf GF bug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I just noticed that the dive log of all my last dives show END Surface GF = 0 while the chart shows a GF99 in the last seconds before surfacing in the 50-70% range, which is correct. The 2 numbers should match. I am using a NERD 2 on a ChOptima with latest firmware (v95). I wrote to Shearwater on their website.

The 2 numbers should match. I am using a NERD 2 on a ChOptima with latest firmware (v95).
They should match. I am using NERD2 with the latest firmware update on my Choptima and they do match.

Mine too. End Surface GF (in the Computer tab in Shearwater Cloud) matches the GF99 at the end of the dive.

Is there a way to find the SurfGF at any other point of the dive? Am curious about the SurfGF on departing the bottom. This can be several hundred percent on a deeper and longer dives.

Might also be in the raw data that you can download from your Shearwater computer using the DESKTOP version of Shearwater Cloud. Hidden away in utilities. The file's a fixed format consisting of the overall summary data and all dive log data.

Is there a way to find the SurfGF at any other point of the dive?
Yes there is -- simply scroll through the pages and it will tell you what the SurfGF would be if you surfaced NOW.

Yes there is -- simply scroll through the pages and it will tell you what the SurfGF would be if you surfaced NOW.
Cannot find that on the Shearwater Cloud app on iPad. Which application are you referring to?

Cannot find that on the Shearwater Cloud app on iPad. Which application are you referring to?
I meant that you can see it on the Shearwater computer itself during a dive. I don't know if it is available on the app.

I meant that you can see it on the Shearwater computer itself during a dive. I don't know if it is available on the app.
Ah, NP.

I have the SurfGF showing in the lower right home display section, where the default is Ceiling. As leaving the bottom is very busy I often forget to 'memorise' the SurfGF after I've thrown up the SMB and beginning the descent.

Have a week of deeper diving on a lazy shot next week. Should be easier to 'memorise' the SurfGF :)

What I'd like to do is be able to get the SurfGFs from old dives and see how that matches the decompression profile. Am really curious about the time it takes to go from, say, SurfGF=100 to 90. This seems to be about 6 or 7 minutes; would like to know if that's a constant rate regardless of the dive profile and the starting SurfGF (e.g. starting at SurfGF of 300, 250, 200, 150... are all of these going to take the same time to go from 100 to 90? -- given the same setpoint of circa 1.3 and final deco depth circa 6m/20ft)

Hi @Wibble,

GF is available as a statistic on the dive graph but SurfGF is not available. I have asked Shearwater to add SurfGF to the available statistics a couple of times. They write back to me that it is on the list to consider. Best you can do is to also request the addition, perhaps the number of requests has some weight. I sent the request again today.

Back
Top Bottom