Epcot "Dive Quest"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ParamedicDiver1:
I'll be doing it in November...can't wait! :)

Hey. I went to the website and found this posting on the side...

OPERATIONAL UPDATES:The Living Seas will not be operating August 21 through late November, 2005.

You may want to call and confirm the dates you plan to go. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

stevetim:
Hey. I went to the website and found this posting on the side...

OPERATIONAL UPDATES:The Living Seas will not be operating August 21 through late November, 2005.

You may want to call and confirm the dates you plan to go. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

The Living Seas exhibit is closed to visitors but I am sure that they are still scheduling divers to go into the pool there. Last time I checked they were taking reservations and I think there was a recent post about it on the Conch Divers board.

Note: My wife and I want to do it too, but does anyone know if there is supervision for our kids (i.e. can they watch through the windows or whatever) while my wife and I dive? That's our biggest obstacle to doing it so far.

I've often heard you may get a slightly longer dive if you do the later program, and the people running it see fit. I think ours was but I don't know if that is still true.

When we did it in 96, they told us the barrier to the dolphins was put up because the dolphins were playing with the turtles, even flipping them out of the tank.

Folks,
I just did this dive 2 days ago with my two boys, what an awesome dive. The backstage tour was cool, but not great, however the dive and the service were awesome.

For those who have never been or are thinking of doing it. When you first get to Epcot you gather just outside the main gate at the Guest relations booth. They come get you through a side entrance and you enter "backstage". They walk you past the emense filter system that they told us filters 35 thousand gallons a minute. and they give you a quick tour of the inside of the place with a speech on conservation. This is where you learn all the money goes to conservation. Next they take you past the Manatee tank and into the lounge where you sign a release and watch a short video. They also tell you this is a no touch dive, unless of course the fish initiates the contact. Then onto the changing rooms. The changeing rooms are like resort bathrooms, and your shorty wetsuit and booties are waiting for you in a bag with your name on it. Once you change you head through the living seas exhibit and up to the dive entry area. Our dive was delayed a few moments while they got our tanks ready so we were givin a quick tour of the Dolphin tank while we waited. Once things were ready we suited up, got a brief pre-dive briefing and were in the water.

Once your in the water, they give you a quick tour of the place (camera man in tow) and then your off on your own. I loved the Sharks myself, my kids had thier 20 minutes of fame entertaining guests in the restaurant and the viewing area (ok, so did I). 40 minutes total bottom time, although we didn't change tanks they were quick with the divers who needed it done. 25 foot depth, 77 degree water. My words cannot adequatley describe how great a dive this was.

Once out of the water and dressed you go back to the lounge for refreshments and to do log books. You get your tee shirt and you watch the video.

BTW, one of the best parts of the dive, No clean up and tear down of gear afterwards.

BTW2, If you are a annual passholder (we are) you can do the dive for $120, $20 off the regular price.

Web site for DiveQuest http://www.epcotdivequest.com/index.htm

N@rco$i$, I was just at Epcot on Saturday! I didn't do DiveQuest this time but have done it a number of times in the past, but I did notice that some of the fish had some sort of...thing(?) going on, that I hadn't really noticed before. I did a little looking when I got home and found out it is called something like lateral line corrosion or hole in head disease. When I asked the girl working there she was less than helpful (told me it wasn't a disease, just a discoloration possibly related to the lack of natural sunlight - wouldn't that make it...a disease?). Anyway, I was wondering if you noticed it, if the tour type people said anything, or if anyone else out there knows anything about it. I guess the University of Central Florida is doing some research, but I didn't find out much about it.

I'm the nerdly science type and am intersted.

I was just kind of enjoying the dive, I don't know that much about tropical fish, so I wouldn't know a discolored fish from a normal fish if it swam right up to me. I didn't notice any sickly looking fish ?? Sorry I'm not much help here.

Been thinking of doing this dive. Is all the equipment provided or do you need to supply your own? Is the $140 admission in addition to the park entrance fee?

All equipment is provided, you are allowed to take your own mask and watch. Computers are frowned upon.

The fee doesnt include park membership (you actually have to leave the park to go in) however if you have a valid admission ticket you can exit in the living seas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom