Epcot "Dive Quest"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"lateral line corrosion", I thought it was called lateral line disease, but I could be wrong. It's seen in aquarium fish, and I've "adopted" a few fish with this from our local salt water fish store. From my understanding, it is not harmful to the fish, but the fish aren't as pretty! My local retailer lets me have the fish with lateral line because the fish will not sell.

I've had salt water tanks since I graduated from college like a million years ago! I always thought I was a good caretaker until I took a trip to Hawaii and saw all those really healthy fish in the waters there. We are usually told not to overfeed or to even underfeed just a little bit to help control wastes in our tanks. After that trip to Hawaii I approached my salt water tanks very differently. I keep a few fish and feed them well. Water changes and other prep help keep the water healthy in the tank. Reef tanks are so much easier!!

Thanks for all the info on this dive. I'm not a big fan of DisneyWorld, but I'd like to do this dive!

Hi there, im going to book Dive Quest after xmas for June 2009, it seems really good from the video's ive seen on youtube, would you be able to tell me if i can do this while im in EPCOT for the day would i have to check with a cast member, even after ive booked it in advance, as i know from the website u don't need theme park admission, can u reply with an answer if possible.

Karen

Last edited:
Hi there, im going to book Dive Quest after xmas for June 2009, it seems really good from the video's ive seen on youtube, would you be able to tell me if i can do this while im in EPCOT for the day would i have to check with a cast member, even after ive booked it in advance, as i know from the website u don't need theme park admission, can u reply with an answer if possible.

Karen

You meet at the guest services which is outside the gates, but after you pass through the security check. When you get to Epcot, after you go through security, you basically make a u-turn and go all the way to the end and you will see a little gift shop - guest services is right next to the gift shop. They usually come out to get you/your group right on time, so I would get there a little early, because they won't wait on you if you're late. Anybody that wants to watch you dive must purchase admission to the park so they can be in the Living Seas exhibit when you dive. You will love it. I just did it again last week and they have a lot of new fish and a new "baby" shark in there.

When you reserve, just ask for the PADI or NAUI discount. It's like 10% or something.

They will give it to you on the spot at booking time.

When you sign up ask which discount would be the greatest: AAA, PADI/NAUI, Disney Visa. I believe AAA has the best discount but they may all be 10% now.

Enjoy. It is a mellow experience.

IIRC, at one point the Birnbaum's disney guide book at 15% as well... it was a "coupon" though we were never asked for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom