Ever "lost" your mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We all have done the remove and replace your mask drill. But how many of us have ever had there mask come off during a dive. It can be your fault or not, just wondering.

Yea a few times. My own fault, swimming too close behind someone.

Oh and once a current dislodged it when I turned my head.

Since I've never been in a current, how strong would one need to be to knock your mask off?

Since I've never been in a current, how strong would one need to be to knock your mask off?

No idea, but very strong. Was diving under a pier that was rock at the start of the pier (so I was on the side sheltered from the current) and I stuck my head out and nearly got blown away and my mask was dislodged.

Hasn't happened since, even in strong currents.

I had a strap break while on the surface close to shore. Never lost a mask. But I once FOUND a mask and snorkel and it became my favourite to use.

Lost my mask once. Got it tangled in a lift bag line. (Managed to grab it before it went too far)

There is a very high flow cave I sometimes dive. Am sure it could rip a mask off a diver that looked sideways (It will also freeflow regs)

My mask goes UNDER my hood these days.That makes it almost impossible to lose.

Only had my mask semi lost once. Another diver trying to get my attention almost grabbed it off.

I've been in some strong current on drift dives and have never had a problem with my mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom