Ever seen divers getting agro under water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. A photographer friend of mine was trying to frame a wolf eel shot on Vancouver Island about 15 years ago when a group of divers descended from a commercial dive boat and attempted to shoulder their way in without queing up for their turn. A quick body check of the first one to approach, a move I learned playing underwater hockey, disuaded him and the others. My friend got his shot and we left the eels to the tourists.:rofl3:

Other than shallow water Mike Nelson role playing in the sands of Refugio, underwater self defense for lifeguarding, and overly aggressive water polo players, my water combat has been lacking. Maybe that's why I lived as long as I have.

Water polo is good training, keeps you competitive.

Good diving, Craig, ex-LA guy

If you don't know what AGRO means then you defiantly not an Aussie!!

Australian Gay Rights Organization?
Any Green Rat Organs?
All Gay Round Organs?
Australian Gay Rat Orifices?
Australians Give Rats Odors?

Meh, I understand that you may not be familiar with MMOs, PVPing and griefers, but we all use colloquialisms, idioms, abbreviations and acronyms, especially over the internet. Dismissing terms you're not familiar with as "urban street gang banger slang" while happy LOLing along with the rest of us is...well, you know. Besides, unless you were button-up, proper, hung around 40 year-olds all day and never used slang (we know you did, you hep cat you :cool2:) when you were in high school, let's not fall into the whole "You young whipper snapper you, why, back in my day we had to walk 10 miles in the snow..." thing here.

I hate acronyms, tolerate abbreviations, disdain text spelling, dismiss urban street language as the grunting and scratching of mentally undeveloped persons and as to idioms, colloquialisms, "griefers" and the remainder of gibberish, the PadIisms of sticking "device" on everything, well, whatever, mental pollution.

I don't think we need an urban dictionary, when language separates us more than it joins us then we will wind up with nothing in common, including a country to call home.

N <--often guilty, but I know better and admit I cannot spell or type. Thing is, I don't think some know better.

Australian Gay Rights Organization?
Any Green Rat Organs?
All Gay Round Organs?
Australian Gay Rat Orifices?
Australians Give Rats Odors?
Someone seems to have a fascination with homosexuality and rodents - and possibly related anatomy.

...when language separates us more than it joins us then we will wind up with nothing in common, including a country to call home.
If your concern is about divisions amongst humans - wouldn't it make sense to simply dissolve national borders, and then we can all simply refer to "Earth" as our home?

I have only once witnessed underwater violence but it was provoked. A guy on a dive trip out of jupiter repeatedly drove his out of control DPV into the reef. The DM give him a couple of shots before taking him to the surface. Of course I was cheering for the DM:popcorn:

scuba is my zen. he who takes it the easiest wins. ergo my knife is blunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom