Expensive travel to cheap dive destinations ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fiji is a grand to $1,200.00 air fare and can be done pretty cheaply once you get there if you know how to do it. Exchange rate is almost two to one, that helps a LOT.

Isn't Fiji better done liveaboard? I heard boat dives dont always take you to the best spots.

PALAU is the one place every serious diver should do... airfare is expensive to get there and keeps us from going back. Do it as a 2 week trip, 1 week in Palau on a liveaboard, then 1 week at either Yap or Truk which are closeby. Worth every penny to do Palau, but it is expensive getting there!

as others have said, Indonesia, particularly look at Wakatobi area, or Philippines.

Palau is somewhere we looked for on points. Damm good deal too, 5c per mile and the same number of connections (4 or 5) and a 24hr flight (ugh) as I found on Expedia. In the end it was too long of a flight. Maybe in a few years when we need a break from the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wouldnt lump Wakatobi in as a cheap Indonesian destination...yes, its in Indo, but its probably one of your most expensive options in Indonesia.

Come to Asia:
Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, depending on the time of year and the sort of diving you are looking for. All half a world away from Virginia and yet quite cheap diving in comparison to the Caribbean.

Maldives is generally very expensive, though the diving is great.
Australia, which has great diving, is also expensive.

Come see us in St.Vincent. the exchange rate is fixed at almost 3-1. No-one knows about St.Vincent so we haven't been "found" & over exposed. Reefs are thriving! The Grenadines have long been reserved for the rich & famous. Well now you can share in all their beauty with us for only pennies on the dollar. Great packages & endless shore diving all over the leeward side. Refills = $7 EC per tank. That's roughly $2.50 USD. You can do a lot of diving cheap once your here. Look us on google or just contact us and ask how we can help you arrange whatever it is would like. We're here to help.

I was calculating my air miles and it seems like same time next year I will have enough air miles to fly anywhere in the world ...
what airlines(s) can you fly on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom