Farting at Five Fathoms???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSU_KURT:
I have been warned that increased pressure can force water into your butt if you let one go at 30 feet. Is it possible for water to rush in to unwanted places at depth when you squeeze one off? (i.e. a FART). :mooner:

As a master gasser, I can assure you that reverse leakage does not occur. Further, I can also assure you that those above who are near the bubble are as confused as those who step onto an elevator where a ghost fart is left. Lastly, the otherwise ominous rumble that is everyones unique methane passing signature is relegated to a few passing bubbles......

CBulla:
As a master gasser, I can assure you that reverse leakage does not occur.

:eyebrow:

My wife and another 'facinating question'... we were driving to her 4th OW class dive and she suddenly turned to me and asked, "If you fart underwater while wearing a 7 mil wetsuit... does it change your bouyancy balance?"

... I amost drove off the road...

J.R.

J.R.:
:eyebrow:

My wife and another 'facinating question'... we were driving to her 4th OW class dive and she suddenly turned to me and asked, "If you fart underwater while wearing a 7 mil wetsuit... does it change your bouyancy balance?"

... I amost drove off the road...

J.R.

:rofl: I think I'd have been crying with laughter!

OK, for the faint of heart, stop reading this post and move on to the next.
It will be grossed.
For the rest... here goes.

So I was diving with my boy in FL around July. Nice and warm so we were in our short and tshirt. Got down to about 50 feet and all of a suddent I really had to do number 2 !!!!!.

So I wrote my boy on my wrist slate to swim about 10 feet to the next coral and wait for me there. I was then .... ready?!!! pulled down my short and attemped to do number 2. For the life of me, I couldn't get 'em out. No matter how hard I tried and believed me I was really in pain to do the number 2 !!!!!.

After about 5 minutes my boy came back and was like "let's get the heck out of here dad. You grossed me out !!!!" :). Mind you we were on our own boat out in the middle of the gulf so there was no one near. So I signaled ok, we head up to the surface.

We were on the surface about 50 yard from our boat and now my bowel really screamed out loud. So I told my boy to go ahead and swam to the boat. I then proceeded to pull down my short. And man it was fast and furrious !!!!. Not a problem at all.

So the moral of the story is yep, at 50 feet or more, the external pressure is tremendous. You gonna need alot of internal pressure to get something out. And when you do number 2 at the sea, you don't need paper :) !!!!

Told you it was grossed!!!!!:wink:

Oh, you'll have to PM KeyLargoBrent about his favorite dive group.. the dude who had to let the baby ruth out of his wet suit... and his friends said "Oh, not again"

:confused: again?

This is really funny. I'm not sure I've earned the rights to post here since I'm a VERY new "diver", but I think this thread belongs to "Jokes" thred.
You can't be serious.

Not sure about taking on water, but a few weeks ago a friend of mine let one go during our safety stop. Once we got out and were removing our gear, he about gagged when he started to get out of his wet suit and undid the Velcro and loosened it from his neck. Thought I was going to piss myself.....

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL this thread is realy funny!!
that would be kinda aqward farting at depth

check this, i was diving in the gulf of mexico u know with a million poeple and all that stuff so anyway some1 brought hot wing's!!!!, we all ate them then went diving...big misstake!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom