Favorite cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I kinda hate Peacock. I've got probably 500 dives there all over the place, and what I get from it is, you've seen one rock wall with silt or sand bottom, you've seen it all. It all is very similar to me.

I have somewhere in that neighborhood of dive in Peacock,and always find something new and unique,especially when you develop a macro view of the cave. Peacock has quite a few secrets,that it doesn't give up easily,even passages that don't appear on the map.

But,this thread is about favorite caves. Love McIntyre,but don't get to go there much. I will add Pineland Blue,Lafayette Blue,and Alachua.

I have not been to as many of the caves as some on here but before if asked that question it would be hands down Cow. Now that I have dived Peacock's Waterhole, I really cannot decide. I think Cow but Waterhole was great and we got it at its best. The pictures were taken from the video I shot of Waterhole.

Attachments

• WATERHOLE II24.jpg
    WATERHOLE II24.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 98
  • WATERHOLE II25.jpg
    WATERHOLE II25.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 88
  • WATERHOLE II23.jpg
    WATERHOLE II23.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 92
  • WATERHOLE II28.jpg
    WATERHOLE II28.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 96
Wow -- favorite is hard to pick! I think I'd have to pick Grand Cenote, if you include the Calimba and Box Chen lines in that; Calimba is one of the most fun dives I've done yet. But the back part of Chan Hol has some amazing formations, and Jailhouse's huge blue corridor is hard to beat. And there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the little cave I got to put some new line in . . . :)

I'd have to say (of the few I've dived), it would be Pet Cemetary.

Why? Well, it was my first-ever cave dive where I felt competent enough to take a camera ...

IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

#1 Indian Springs
Big, crystal clear, awesome black goethite shooting out from the white walls. The entire thing is just ridiculously pretty.

#2 Emerald Sink
The upstream side has a few small sinks that are quite pretty, and the Black Abyss is very impressive. Downstream is enormous with scalloped white walls. Its not as clear as Indian (usually), but when it conditions are good there, its real good. The cave is pristine and there is a lot of history there, too.

Agreed on #1. #2 is Sullivan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom