Favorite dry mouth candy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mmmmm - Nothing quite as enjoyable as a Tootsie-Pop after a dive to cure cotton mouth. Also removes after-taste from a rough boat ride and a great way to make friends :)) Cheers, Kevin.

One of my favorite dive buddies takes a camelpak underwater. The first time we taught together, there were capri suns at the bottom of my pool, he'd been teaching the students to stay hydrated underwater :)

I like having werthers after. but im a butterscotch fan

OR you can just avoid the dry mouth staying hydrated predive and diving with the older Sherwood regs Oasis, Oasis+, or Oasis II (not a fan of recent editions). Sweet! (sweeter than butterscotch).

Re: Dry mouth during the dive. One thing I have noticed is that if I adjust the cracking-pressure knob on my second stage to full flow (i.e. screwed all the way open), it practically throws air into my mouth and I notice that I can get dry mouth during the dive (even if hydrated). OTOH, if I turn it down a bit, I still feel like I get plenty of easy air, but not such a dry mouth. Just a possible idea to help.

Note added after reading post below: My second stage has a metal air-barrel (I thought I remembered it did, but decided to double-check after reading the post).

Last edited:
My flavor of choice is HOG regulators. The metal air barrel will condense the moisture from your breath and when you inhale you will get some of that moisture. People have told me that my regs breath wet but that's just how much moisture these regs produce, they will feel like there is water in it but if you suck it up it has no salt in it. I'm sure any reg with a metal air barrel will breath moist like this, but when I use my ScubaPro reg with a plastic barrel it is almost down right uncomfortable. I also have an oasis that works pretty good but I like the hogs better.

Back
Top Bottom