Few dive reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eieio_24

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I noticed only one post of a dive report on Lake Travis for June. I would have thought someone would have been out more by now, it's already the 12th. Maybe I can get out there this weekend and see how it is at Tom Hughs or Mansfield Dam...

Lake Travis is way down and vis is crap except around 40-50 ft due to wave action stirring up silt at levels not normally hit by waves.

Poor viz is sorta like hard core diving experience. Makes for a clear path underwater even though you don't see where you are going.

I dove yesterday Bob Wentz Windy Point 0 to 10 feet (no viz) zero past 70 feet (no viz) zero

10 to 70 feet maybe 2 feet average some 5 foot sections but lots of silt in water column.

poor visibility for sure will try again next weekend see if we get any improvement.

This low visibility diving is not for the weak of heart.

Its also not as exciting as 8 to 10 foot viz in Travis when it opens up.

See dive conditions reports on sticky above for more info.

well, a couple replies here stated that the via was poor. However, the two or three most recent reports on Travis had stated the vis was 8-10' or so, not bad really... Well I just don't know then. I suppose I'll fill my tanks at the local FD tomorrow and burn a couple tanks this Sunday. Guess we'll see...

This low visibility diving is not for the weak of heart.

Its also not as exciting as 8 to 10 foot viz in Travis when it opens up.

See dive conditions reports on sticky above for more info.

Only a true swamp diver would refer to 8-10 foot visibility as either "exciting" or "open(ing) up" :rofl3:

Dove CSSP today. Vis wan't bad at about 15-20 feet. Water was warm at the surface with a nice thermocline at about 22-25 foot where the temp dropped into the 60's. I had 65 degrees at 35 feet.

Reactions: Foo
Zzzking - Haha, that's true. The locals do enjoy 10' or more of vis, and consider it good. I do as well, though I suppose I am not a true swamp diver, as I have not had the required dive with another swamper, as stated in the how to join thread.

Only a true swamp diver would refer to 8-10 foot visibility as either "exciting" or "open(ing) up" :rofl3:

How True. I was actually excited on Saturday with about 10-15' vis from 42-56fsw or so. I found a HUGE grotto I wasn't expecting at 55' and a camera on a chord wrapped around a stump. I also passed a large blue umbrella around 30' on my swim back. I think my point was I actually saw these items instead of running into them. :wink:

So cavemn,
Does this mean you own a new camera now?

. . . . . I think I am changing my tag line. See tagline below

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom