Fewer cruise ships going to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, Friday there were none. Can’t remember that happening before.
None last Friday, except I don't know what this entry was on the chart you posted.

1667591807500.png

For our holiday season stay it looks like biz as usual. It was super quiet in Dec2020. While we enjoyed the quiet the sense of desperation from the locals made one feel a little guilty.

Maybe this has been posted but a few locals told me last month they did have a vote on the island regarding the proposed addition of another cruise pier and I think they said they got a 75% against vote with a pretty substantial percentage of the island participating in the vote.

Talking to a taxi driver, he said the vote may have been better in favor if the new port was proposed to be at the north end of the island to spur development there and spread things out more (But that is talking from a Taxi driver who wants longer and higher priced fares so I can understand his position that another pier should be up north). He also said that the powers that be care less about the vote and another pier will probably go wherever they want it to so the vote is petty meaningless.. So he said.

Someone is pulling your leg. Where was this "vote" held, Facebook? The municipio has no legal or procedural way to have a vote like you describe. The pier construction is still being held up by an amparo, not by any public vote.

Reactions: JFS
Just for giggles I’m scrapping the cruise ship history and looking at the results. Any particular data people want me to crunch?

Someone is pulling your leg. Where was this "vote" held, Facebook? The municipio has no legal or procedural way to have a vote like you describe. The pier construction is still being held up by an amparo, not by any public vote.
I don't know what you are talking about. If you don't quote what you are responding to, especially if it is a ways back in the thread, it can obfuscate your point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom