Fewer new divers, aging diver demographics, what to do about it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent and welcome to the sport! A whole army of potential divers, lead on!

I am 52 just got certified sept 2010 , along with my mother in law 72 and my oldest daughter and son in law early thirtys. I have 15 grandchildren 1 is 9 and she is very excited about getting certified and diving.

Who could ask more, starting at home is a good way to go. That is if it works out. I hope my daughter will take to the oceans as well. She will be one next month but current indications are encouraging!

Hey, I've done MY part... I produced a son who is a diver. He and his wife produced a granddaughter who will become a diver (assuming she is interested). We need to pass on the SCUBA gene to the coming generations!

Who could ask more, starting at home is a good way to go. That is if it works out. I hope my daughter will take to the oceans as well. She will be one next month but current indications are encouraging!

Start of her diving career is not too far off. I started at 6.

The sport needs all ages, I am just suggesting to keep encouraging the under 20 crowd. The group sounds like a tough sell from reports, still I believe it is worth pursuing in creative ways.

Why? .............

My kids got certified at 10 and 11...they are now 21 and 22....My son's girlfriend just got certified and my daughters boyfriend wants to soon....
What a great family thing to do together no matter how young or old they are!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom