Fiji diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeilH

Registered
Reaction score
I have never been to Fiji, but have been researching for a possible trip there. This web site from “dive the world”:

http://www.divetheworldfiji.com/fiji-diving-faqs.htm

claims that Beqa, Viti Levu, and the Yasawas areas are not good diving. For those of you that have been there recently, would you consider their assessment of these areas accurate or not?

Thanks.

hubby and i dived Octopus Resort Yasawa Islands last year and we will not go back and will never recommend it to anyone... in fact we got an insurance payout when we got back because the operation was so lousy. (we went on a friends recommendation)

the diving was very disappointing. the only positive thing i can say about it was the water was warm.

im sure there are great places to dive in fiji - just not Octopus Resort Yasawa Islands is my recommendation

Check Uncle Pug's trip to Fiji last year. He just loved it! You can find his words of wisdom in the portal.

NeilH:
I have never been to Fiji, but have been researching for a possible trip there. This web site from “dive the world”:

http://www.divetheworldfiji.com/fiji-diving-faqs.htm

claims that Beqa, Viti Levu, and the Yasawas areas are not good diving. For those of you that have been there recently, would you consider their assessment of these areas accurate or not?

Thanks.
I was in Beqa for a day trip in 2003 and one dive (I think it was called "Caesar's rocks", maybe) was excellent. It was a few pinnacles covered with soft corals and huge red sea fans. There was a nice swim-through covered with life. It looked very healthy to me. -One of the most colourful dives I've done anywhere. Our second dive was a few minutes away (I forget what it was called) and it looked dead. There were a few big sea fans and anemones, but most of it was rubble. It was quite a contrast to the other dive nearby.

@!(#!(@#...

I was just about to book at Kulu Bay (Beqa) ... and now I read this...

Fudge...

Now I really cant decide...

I've just come back from Fiji last month and stayed on Denauru Island, Viti Levu.

I did 5 dives while I was there and the quality of the dives were fair to good.

Some of the coral has died off on the reefs as they had a real problem with crown of thorns. But viz was pretty good and the fish life was still fantastic. Some lovely swim thrus and bommies. Saw the biggest moray eel i have ever seen while i was there as well as some gorgeous rays.

I enjoyed all of my dives and would go back without any hesitation!!

There is exceptional diving in the Bligh Waters which is accessible from Wananavu Resort on the north coast of Viti Levu near Raki Raki. Kaiviti Divers is the dive operation.

Yes, this is correct, Beqa Lagoon diving sucks big toad-fish balls.

Please don't go there, it's sooo bad, please stay away so the rest of us can enjoy the marvelous over-abundance of life that won't get destroyed by trampling fins and over-crowding.

thank you! <grins, bit of sarcasm>

If you want rubble diving, stay in Hawaii with all the other tourists.

Dangit, dont try sarcasm online... I can never tell when its sarcasm and when its not. But seriously, you consider beqa excellent?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom