Fin Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a local shop that sells the Turtles, just the Jetfins. I guess I could order the turtles insteads. I saw that someone had a chart to show show size vs. fin size. I won't forget the spring straps either. I actually already bought the parts to do that myself. I was planning on making them for my Mares if I didn't get a pair of jet fins or something soon.

Was already looking there so all I can say is one word, Amen!

Lots of good advice here. FWIW, I did DIR-F in a pair of ...:amazed: H2Odyssey fins!

I would also add the disclaimer that I received a provisional from this class but it was not due to the type of fins I was wearing.

BTW, I am now the proud owner of a pair of jets bought from ebay.

I greatly appreciate the advice. I have been looking on ebay and other online shops. I am sure I will be able to pick up a nice pair somewhere for a good price. I just have to finish building my spring straps or perhaps buy a pair.

Thanks again

Daryl

darylm74:
....just a side note, I have a Viking Xtreme right now but I just ordered a TLS350 with size 12 Rock Boots.
If you're not married to the idea of rock boots, you could always use jetfins with turbosoles.

I went the rock boots with turtles route, then switched to turbosoles/jetfins. The fins themselves aren't that big a difference - at least that I've noticed - but I'm glad to be rid of the rock boots. FWIW, I don't do much diving from rocky shores these days.

If you're interested in a pair of used turtles, I might be willing to part with mine.

darylm74:
Ok, will start with my little spill that no I'm not DIR, not sure when I'll get around to taking the Fundy's class but slowly working to purchasing DIR style equipment so when the time comes, I don't have to drop a wad full of cash to get everything I need all at once. With that said.....

Are there other fin choices other than the Jet Fins, Turtles or Rockets? I am just curious if these are the only DIR fins available or if there are others. I think I saw some old VOIT fins out there on E-bay that resemble the other 3. I want to purchase some DIR style fins and see how they work for me.

Thanks

Daryl

What makes the fins "DIR" is their simplicity. I suspect if you had a pair of old DaCor "Turbos" or "Turbo IIs" you'd not be accused of flaming heresy. :dazzler1:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom