Fin question please help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah. The XXL's are really huge. My size 11 rock boots feel kinda tight in the Turtles and feel kinda lose with the Jets. I decided to go with the Jets and it appears to be okay for now. I do have room on the sides of my boot but once I have the boot all the way into the pocket and place the spring straps on I don't feel any movement inside the Jet pocket. It could be moving, but I don't feel it. You can probably tell fron this post that it is still a concern and I wonder if I should have gone with the turtle. In other words, you still may be looking at a compromise even after you do get to try them on. At any rate, I do like the Jets over the Twin Jets hands down even with the funny sizing issue. Anyone wanna buy a pair of XL Twin Jets? lol.

I'm wearing size 12 trek boots, and I use turtles. XXL jets are really big and I decided against them. Even in the turtles, my boots are a little loose side to side, but it's not enough to bother me. XL jets are way too small to use. I have for diving tropical in wetsuit boots.

And spring straps are the only way to go.

I use a pair of XL Mares Plana Avantiquatro ABS fins with the Innovative Scuba Concepts spring fin straps for my DS boots. I have a Whites DS with their boots. Love the fins and straps.

Back
Top Bottom