Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my oxycheq 30# wing last week and got several dives in this weekend with it. I'm very happy with the exception of one thing. There was a lot of talk about the oxycheq wing having both an outer shell and an inner bladder but it seems as though it does not or at least thats what I get seeing how thin the overall thickness of the wing is and that there seems to be no way to repair the inner bladder if there is indeed one. I got my wing from Chris at COVCI and was told that it has a three year warranty. I didn't recieve any warranty card or anything saying when I bought it from COVCI. The inflator hose was the perfect length and the wing has an extremely low profile which I really liked.

The wing is a single bladder design. The three year warranty applies to workmanship and materials. The serial number on the label will indicate the age of the wing in the event of a warranty issue.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi Chris,
Michael here from Malaysia. Nice to know that the wing is warranted by the serial number instead of receipts. IF I require any warranty service, I will sure contact you. Thanks.

I thought all the talk about the oxycheq wing being so much better was because the oxycheq wings had both a bladder and an outer protective shell like the explorer wings and most other wings (like my diverite recwings). Is this not the case? Great wing though either way.... Any thoughts about the printed serial number fading off the card on the wing? Can we remove it or do anything to help insure it doesn't fade away and not void the number/warranty?

Haven't fully read the card yet, but is there any warranty info in writing on it?

but to put your mind at ease, feel free to copy the serial number on the label and send it to me. I will be more than happy to make up a special certificate that indicates your purchase date and warranty details.

thanks,
COVCI

Over 100 Oxycheq wings out in circulation in less than 3 months. Wooooh, they are smokin'.

Dove my again yesterday, what can I say but, hhahahahhahaha, it was awesome!

today we were supposed to go out, but the weather was threatening, and we stayed in.

Of course then it cleared. AARRRRGGGHHH!! I hate that.

(Of course if we HAD gone out, we probably would have been rolled by a waterspout, so it might have been a good decision after all :))

Hey Jacknife,

You mentioned more than 100 wings. I am doing a poll and it only registered about 22 wings. Could you get your contacts to poll, so we can see exactly how many wings of which size are already out there..

:)

Hey Bloop,

Not everyone that owns an Oxycheq wing is on Scubaboard...

This is the reason for the difference in numbers...

Back
Top Bottom