Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, Cal at VillageDivers told me that he replaced all his Halcyon wings with Oxycheq, and was regretting he didn't do it earlier.

Was Friday I went to his shop, he had lots of oxycheq wings on display. I didn't asked how much he is selling them since I am got mine directly from Patrick. But his prices are usually pretty good. I got an OMS wing from him at a better price than LeisurePro.

Anyway, back to the wing itself - the wing feels really streamlined, and I just also switched to a 7' hose, and can't believe how much more comfortable the whole setup feels.

A lot of dive stores are beginning to carry Oxycheq gear. I'm glad to hear from people who actually dove this gear and are happy.

All I can say is told ya so!

I just looked at a picture of it, that thing looks like a Recaro Racing Seat taken from a Honda Prelude! Are you suppose to sit on it and strap it to your butt when you dive, instead of on your back? That is sure a lot of sculling just to get anywhere!

Looks like some serious drag if you ask me, lots of drag!

Jackknife once bubbled...
I just looked at a picture of it, that thing looks like a Recaro Racing Seat taken from a Honda Prelude! Are you suppose to sit on it and strap it to your butt when you dive, instead of on your back? That is sure a lot of sculling just to get anywhere!

Looks like some serious drag if you ask me, lots of drag!

no, not honda. more like Mitsubishi Eclipse. lol.

VTernovski once bubbled...

no, not honda. more like Mitsubishi Eclipse. lol.

You know what's cool, it even has the 5 point restraint system for safety, with butt roll cage, hahhahahhahah!:D

The Oxycheq wing is very comfortable, trim was amazing. I heard that Patrick even offers this wing with the whole exterior made of Kevlar material, talk about "bulletproof". Sounds like it would be great around wrecks, or for the diver that has to have the ultimate in a bp wing and reliability.

jonscubas once bubbled...
The Oxycheq wing is very comfortable, trim was amazing. I heard that Patrick even offers this wing with the whole exterior made of Kevlar material, talk about "bulletproof". Sounds like it would be great around wrecks, or for the diver that has to have the ultimate in a bp wing and reliability.
No, it's a different wing. It's not on the market yet.

jonscubas once bubbled...
I heard that it is part of the Signature Series Oxycheq is coming out with.
Yes, it is a real product, but there are no production-run wings available yet. It's going to have a 44lb capacity and an internal replaceable bladder - it's not the same wing as the current 45lb. It may or may not be the only Signature Series wing released.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom