Finding Dive Buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least I know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully I can find some good buddies before I head back down to the caves in a month or so. I'm also doing my apprentice/full in December so I'm really looking forward to getting a lot more time in the caves before then.

And on another note, Is my SAC rate awful if I only made It through the key hole at ginnie after going through the catacombs? We barely made it through the keyhole before I hit my turn pressure.

My first dive in Ginnie I barely made it to the keyhold before I hit 1/6ths. After lots of diving and before I went beyond intro I could get to the maple leaf on 1/6ths. I would say your experience is what's getting you right now, and your SAC will be inversely proportional.

Just to post this here as well: I'll be in town Oct 20th-21st, and Oct 27th-28th if anyone is interested in diving. I'll be at REACT on that saturday(27th) and I'm looking for buddies for all of these dates if anyone is interested. Just let me know if you will be there and want to dive.

Greetings sealsix14 will be at REACT.
Would love to meet you and talk a bit.
Not sure as of yet what dive plans are but I will talk with my buddy to see if you can join.
We are diving Intro/Basic level mainline dives so it would be within your training.

To comment on the Buddy hunt go to some socials, hang out at the cave LDS's you will have plenty of buddies.
Be very careful to keep first time buddies well within YOUR limits!
If they are not willing then politely decline not to burn any bridges.
Lets talk some and possibly to a dive or two.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I'm a recent cave diver also. I have had good luck finding buddies online at cavediver.net. I have not yet been unable to dive because I couldn't find someone to dive with, and everyone I've dove with had more experience (and lower SAC) than I did, but all were unfailingly helpful and willing. Some I'm more eager to dive with again than others, but that has more to do with style (e.g. is the goal to penetrate as far as possible or have a nice swim, poke around a little, and enjoy the view). I suspect that as I become more experienced that I'll end up with a small group of buddies with whom I have good rapport, but I hope I remain willing to give back what was given to me.

I'll also be in High Springs the weekend of REACT. I've contacted my instructor and a few of the folks I've dove with before to set up dives but don't have anything firm yet for Sat or Sun (it's still a little early; I've got doubts about Peacock on Saturday too; not big on diving in crowds). Feel free to PM and we can keep in touch and see about setting something up as things get closer.

CamG, I'd love to talk and meet at REACT, it will be nice to meet some people that i've talked to on the forums. If I can dive with you guys that would be great and if not no problem. And hopefully after REACT I'll have met a few people that I'll be able to dive with on a regular basis.

Sounds good just PM me your contact info and we can meet at Cave Excursions on Sat.
It is always good to meet new cave divers!

CamG

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom