Finished Rescue.... now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Untill you figure out what you really want to do I'd reccomend adding or rotating in a small handfull of skills to your fun dives.
I don't dive with new divers normally but my wifes best friend just became a scuba nut a few months ago.
On her second OW dive she freaked and beat the crap out of me :11: ...while my daughter calmly watch and did the correct things.
I never considered practicing the panicked diver drill.
The main thing is to have as much safe fun as possibe.

Myself, I went immediatly on to my divemaster, but this is not the course I would recomend for everyone to do. Unless you plan to dive profesionally, there is no real need for you to continue on to DM. I would say just continue diving and if you reach a point where you want to make a career out of this then pursue DM.

Go dive, you've got the check marks now go get as many dives in as many different conditions as you can so the checks have some meaning, and congrats on completing rescue it is a tough one usually.

Diversauras:
Go dive, you've got the check marks now go get as many dives in as many different conditions as you can so the checks have some meaning, and congrats on completing rescue it is a tough one usually.

Got my rescue and then moved onto my DM as an internship. Just got exams to finish for my DM, then on to AI. But all the time am dive, dive, diving. More dives the better as far as i am concerned, still learning all the time. Now though as well i get to help out with students and really enjoy it. We have a good group of regular divers who have all came through my instructors and i have helped out a bit. Is very satisfying to see people come on, and to keep diving with them. Am heading for my instructors ticket in time, but will always dive just to be in the water and loving it as well.

Ditto to everything that's already been said.

I did my Boat, Deep, Wreck, Drift, and Equipment Specialties and so got my PADI Master SCUBA Diver, which I think is a goal that lies in the PADI system which is not promoted nearly enough- it is a great one to enhance your education and experience to the highest level of non-professional recreational diving.

Then when I turned 18 I completed my DM course and hope to do my AI this summer, but I'd agree with what's already been said, be absolutely sure this is the route for you.

Continuing your education is definitely important and I'd second the opinion of a CPR course (if you're interested you can become an EFR instructor without being a PADI Professional now!).

There is however, no substitute for experience.... get out and dive!

Back
Top Bottom