Fins for Frog Kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
I've realised there's been a reading comprehension issue for some time.

But I do see that, yet again, you have nothing useful to say.

- ChillyWaters

You asked for an education, don't get twisted because you have no use for the truth.

SparticleBrane:
Frog kicking keeps you in better trim because (if performed correctly) your feet are up instead of hanging down or straight behind you kicking up crap so that everyone else can't see.
With a properly performed frog kick your feet are up and your are pushing BEHIND you, whereas with a flutter kick, when your feet are in the down stroke the water has nowhere to go but down, thus usually kicking up huge clounds of silt behind you. Of course, most people don't notice this because they don't ever look behind them and lack good situational awareness...

How about the modified flutter? It doesn't go straight behind nor hanging down.
I think both modified frog and and modified flutter are kind of elevated.
Still, I agree that, the modified frog kicks may use less energy.

Influencing other's vision.... I guess that's the reason why modified flutter is being invented, maybe?

dherbman:
I've realised there's been a reading comprehension issue for some time.

You asked for an education, don't get twisted because you have no use for the truth.

Excuse me for not understanding your oh-so-brilliant language. Perhaps just answer the original question instead of _trying_ to sound better than everyone.

- ChillyWaters

All you had to do was PM me. Which words are you having problems with?

ChillyWaters:
Excuse me for not understanding your oh-so-brilliant language. Perhaps just answer the original question instead of _trying_ to sound better than everyone.

- ChillyWaters

Sorry to see that...

1. http://www.divetekadventures.com/Images.htm
2. I guess the experts replied to your question have suggested some very good fins...

Good luck for your search!!! :wink:

alo100:
Sorry.

1. http://www.divetekadventures.com/Images.htm
2. I guess the experts replied to your question have suggested some very good fins...

Good luck for your search!!! :wink:

Good link...

I actually missed the video comment in herbie's original post... when people write a novel, I tend to ignore them... or perhaps it's an author thing...

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Just curious as to how the frog kick allows you to keep a better trim?

- ChillyWaters
The flutter kick tends to propel you upwards. The frog kick is a forward propellsion. Fighting againsts an upward thrust is gonna effect your trim and use alot more energy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom