Fins for SCUBA? What is the best these days??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem with FF Pros, since I actually have some, is that you really cannot perform the full range of kicks with them compared to the Jet or Avanti. FF Pros will not frog kick at all, they don't back up well either but they are an efficient fin for a flutter kick, just lack maneuverability compared to more conventional paddle fins.

I bought my FF Pros back in about 94. I used them quite a bit and recently eBaited them. I simply could not use them efficiently for photography, with my Jets or my Avanti, I can lock myself in the water, with the floppy split fins or FF Pros, no way, simply no precision with them, the blade folds under to easily which is why I cannot "lock" myself stationary like I can with Jets/Avanti etc.

N

There are no fins that are too heavy for traveling. One type may be heavier than another, but none of them are heavy. The bottom line is if you have a great pair of fins use them. Nothing contributes more to dive enjoyment than fin selection. I'd rather lighten my other luggage than not travel with my fins.

+1 on this post. I use my Mares Avanti's for any travel diving in a wetsuit, and my Nova's in a drysuit.

There are no fins that are too heavy for traveling. One type may be heavier than another, but none of them are heavy. The bottom line is if you have a great pair of fins use them. Nothing contributes more to dive enjoyment than fin selection. I'd rather lighten my other luggage than not travel with my fins.

I agree, I travel with my Bio Fins and value the comfort.OND

As mentioned by others the Scubapro Seawing Nova are great.

Alternatively I can recommend the Atomic Aquatics Split Fins "Smoke on the Water"

I'll stand out from the crowd here and put my vote in for Hollis F2s, basically Hollis' spin in the Jet Fin, made with monoprene with standard spring straps, can't get any better than that. Supposedly they are clones of Jets but CRAZY light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom