First BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually there is absolutely no need to spend a couple hundred to set up an Express Tech. $30 worth or d rings, slides, a metal buckle, and two weight pouches for the cam bands and the BC is set. Just like this one:
Zeagle Express Tech Buoyancy Compensator Review

I see no reason to add any more pockets to the unit itself. I do on occasion use a slide on dive rite pocket but frankly thigh pockets on the wetsuits or shorts with pockets are much more useful. And I use a $10.00 weight belt. You can get a weight system for it but I have never seen the need. It sounds as if you plan to only do warm water and travel to dive. The Express Tech was designed for that without sacrificing ruggedness and durability. I actually consider it the ultimate BC for me as an instructor and for students. Like a BPW it can replace up to five BC's in a teaching or rental operation as you only need one size. Just be careful with how the webbing is trimmed or not trimmed. It will fit anyone from a 4'10" 80 lb teenage girl to a 6' 4" 225 lb man and be adjusted from one to the other in about five minutes. I know. I did it during an OW class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom