First BCD: Mares Hybrid Pure vs Aeris 5 Oceans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bw-scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I am recently certified and an just starting to buy all of my gear. I am looking at BCs and everything I have read and heard from people I talk to seems to generally point to the back inflate style of BC. I think that I've narrowed down my BC selection to the Aeris 5 Oceans and the Mares Hybrid Pure BCDs (of course I'm open to other suggestions as well). This is my first post on SB and I'm hoping some of you have experience with the Mares hybrid pure and/or Aeris 5 oceans BC. Both seem to have decent reviews, but I'm hoping to gather as much feedback as I can (i.e. does the BC tend to stay snug underwater or does it wiggle a little, etc). Both can be had for under $300.

My gut reaction is that the Mares seems to be a bit higher quality and only about $55 more expensive (my LDS has it for less than most places advertise, but the prices are in store only). The Aeris seems to be discontinued, but I did find a shop that still has them.

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom