First BP/Wing Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1 once bubbled...
Isn't that against DIR policy...ehehehehe:)
...not at all.

Notice there are markings every 100 psi.
Notice that it is a brass case.
Notice that it has no boot.
Notice the SS snap.
Not shown:
Short HP hose.
break away connection to bolt snap.

Rooster1 ~ a lot of folk make the mistake of thinking that DIR is brand specific when in reality it isn't.

When it comes to equipment it is the functionality & configuration that count. As long as the equipment is optimal/minimal it doesn't matter who makes it.

The only piece that I can see needing to come from Halcyon at this point is the wing... so far they make the only optimal/minimal ones.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

...not at all.

Notice there are markings every 100 psi.
Notice that it is a brass case.
Notice that it has no boot.
Notice the SS snap.
Not shown:
Short HP hose.
break away connection to bolt snap.

I was certain that the Red logo with the 2 yellow tanks on the inside of that gauge was the OMS trademark, why is the trademark logo in there if it is not an OMS pressure gauge?

is yes, it's an OMS but no, that doesn't make it non-DIR.

DIR is about features, not brands. He listed the features that make tbe OMS gauge "DIR."

Roak

roakey once bubbled...
is yes, it's an OMS but no, that doesn't make it non-DIR.

DIR is about features, not brands. He listed the features that make tbe OMS gauge "DIR."

Roak

well thanks for clearing that up

Rooster1 once bubbled...
well thanks for clearing that up
quoting myself:
"Rooster1 ~ a lot of folk make the mistake of thinking that DIR is brand specific when in reality it isn't. "

And then I went on to explain:
"When it comes to equipment it is the functionality & configuration that count. As long as the equipment is optimal/minimal it doesn't matter who makes it."

And since there are those who like to charge that DIR is all about marketing Halcyon equipment I concluded with this:
"The only piece that I can see needing to come from Halcyon at this point is the wing... so far they make the only optimal/minimal ones."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom