First computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info guys, how does the Zoop compare to the Vyper (earlier model)?

Thanks for the info guys, how does the Zoop compare to the Vyper (earlier model)?
The Zoop/Gekko has a phosphorescent display that requires "charging" with a separate light. It has no gauge mode.

The earlier model Vyper has a push-button backlighting feature. It also has a gauge mode. I believe that the Vyper also has a dive simulation mode (but frankly I haven't found it that useful).

Other than that the computers are pretty much the same.

Another vote for Suunto. Mine is 10yrs old and seems bullet proof. I've had a couple different models of Aeris and unfortunately had failures with all. Aeris does have an outstanding customer service however. My wife has an Aladin with probably 1000 dives on it which is a great, durable computer, but the service sucks for battery replacement and such. We're currently in week 14 waiting for it's return.

I use a Suunto Vyper. Love it ... gives me all the functions that I currently need, easy to use and idiot proof. Just put it on your wrist and jump in the water. I also like the Dive Manager function of it so you can download and log all of your dives.

Not crazy about the wrist strap though ... I'll probably upgrade the strap to a DSS Elastomeric Bungee Mount to compensate for exposure suit squeeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom