First Drysuit dives under my belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm going to give your technique a try in terms of using the BC for buoyancy and the Suit for Warmth / anti-squeeze.
Steve W.

The secret is to start venting air BEFORE you need to. If you wait until You feel the need to exhaust the air, it may be too late. I open up my exhaust valve as I begin my ascent & start venting as my ears start crackling as the pressure relieves.I

If you think managing 2 air spaces is difficult,... try 3. With my rebreather & drysuit, I have to manage the BC (a wing), the drysuit & the rebreather's counterlung.

You won't find the skin for that price anytime soon. Take a black permanent maker to the pink trim.

I dive the White's Fusion Bullet myself and love it. I use the Thermal Fusion for diving in water temps around 53° F and below and Under Armor above 58° F. I did a buoyancy and trim workshop this past weekend and found that my feet don't get "floaty" when I am balanced out right. As for diving the White's, I felt better in my Bullet the very first time I dove it outside of my dry suit cert dive. I use the Fusion socks with the Fusion Rock boots and my feet stay at a good temp, not too cool and not too warm. After this past weekend I will be using my BP&W for buoyancy and adding slight amounts of air to prevent squeeze. As for the White's not venting quick enough, I would have to disagree. If I open my shoulder dump completely and I add air I have seen it run right to my dump and out of my suit. I usually tune down my shoulder dump a few clicks just to keep air in my suit. My suit is a bit of a PITA to get into and out of but to avoid fighting a moving air bubble I will deal with the mostly minor PITA.

Back
Top Bottom