First Time, First Time, First Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True. Speaking of snorkel stories and Nassau...in 2008 my snorkel flew off the Stuart Cove boat on the way back from the dive site. In 2009, I went back exactly one year later and the DM on the boat found it on a dive sometime that year and gave it back to me when I got back. Talk about good customer service.

At my age, I'm all about easy going, hence our heading out of the country for a few days. :)

And thanks for the heads up on eating. I had asked someone that I know lives and works in Nassau, and she wasn't of much help. I'm not complaining, I think she's just a tad too young to know the right places.

Oh crap, now I've said you're old.

Ok, I'm going to go back to doing some work, maybe I can be productive in that arena.

Knowledge is current and has no age. It's only of any use if employed or shared.
I'm stuck on the other side of the Atlantic currently. So employing it's out......for me anyway...

I'm 40 and have very much enjoyed the last seven years gainfully and legally in work in the Bahamas.

It is a terrific place.
In culture, you wont find a more hard working and easier peoples to get along with. (I was always reminded of the Irish, my own folk, in both strength of character and history.)
In life, it can be a fairly hard place. With high standards of communication and a enjoyably truthful and straight forward understanding of right and wrong. Forthright, is perhaps the word.
As friends....well...I've met some of the best of any culture I've had the privileged of working with. Many I shall be in contact with forever I don't doubt.

You're only there for a few days....this time.....

Have fun.

Just a note on getting a good snorkel. I hated snorkeling when I went on vacation before I started diving - and it was because of the snorkel. The snorkels they use on the boats are inexpensive (no, cheap) and when a swell or a wave goes over the top of the snorkel you run the risk of inhaling water. Get a good "dry" snorkel. They have a Cressi dry snorkel at leisurepro.com for about $15 right now. If water hits the top of it it just closes up so you don't get air or water - sort of reminds you that you can't take the snorkel under water unless you're intentionally free diving and are holding your breath. With the right snorkel you'll have a blast snorkeling. With a bad one ... ugh.

(Whispering)
I plan on this being a free dive, the snorkel is to keep the wife happy.

---------- Post added March 13th, 2013 at 10:42 PM ----------

Knowledge is current and has no age. It's only of any use if employed or shared.
I'm stuck on the other side of the Atlantic currently. So employing it's out......for me anyway...

I'm 40 and have very much enjoyed the last seven years gainfully and legally in work in the Bahamas.

It is a terrific place.
In culture, you wont find a more hard working and easier peoples to get along with. (I was always reminded of the Irish, my own folk, in both strength of character and history.)
In life, it can be a fairly hard place. With high standards of communication and a enjoyably truthful and straight forward understanding of right and wrong. Forthright, is perhaps the word.
As friends....well...I've met some of the best of any culture I've had the privileged of working with. Many I shall be in contact with forever I don't doubt.

You're only there for a few days....this time.....

Have fun.

Indeed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom