Fitness Members only : Weekly Journal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...I have not been feeling well for a couple days, so not much exercise for me (however lots of sleep), and have been sweating for a couple days now...so I think this funk is trying to break. I resorted to comfort foods for the past couple days after starting the week so good. Yesterday's big mistake was the McDonalds french fries and hot fudge sundae for lunch...nevermind I also had tea, soup, and plenty of water. Just like me to focus on the negative.
Today so far is a small yogurt with Kashi Go Lean sprinkled on it, green tea, water, and a bowl of Lucky Charms (big time comfort food). I will shortly have a popsicle since I am so hot feeling...Did force myself to vacuum out the car, so I know I burned quite a few calories.
Hopefully by Monday I can get back to the swing of things and start exercising regularly again and start eating right.

Scuba_Jenny:
have been sweating for a couple days now...so I think this funk is trying to break
I just remembered about another thing i was going to post on. With all this activity lately, even just wearing sporting gear and going to the gym and back, i have a profound amount of sweat, and as it stays on the shirt until i take it off (when i get home for a shower - jog home), i am almost overtaken by the funk of ammonia - i am almost knocked out by it. I think the sweat dries slightly off the shirt in the FL heat and that may help as a catalyst, but my oh my i can hardly breathe just before i take a shower. Yes i do wash them very often, and they only get one wear for about 1-2 hours (depending on workout schedule) between washes, just cant believe the stink though.

Is there a sink the stink kind of shampoo that you can dribble over yourself whilst still wearing this stuff??? :wink:

Didn't get in my treadmill time yesterday or today ... blaming easter and the amount of work i'm doing around the house. In general I have decreased my overall intake plus switched to low fat (no fat) items and added the treadmill for excersize. I feel I should be doing more physical excersize but I really have a hard time motivating myself.

Well I guess we will se if there has been any improvement on Tuesday.

Eric

the plan that i use is to reduce calories, reduce fat and reduce simple carbs that spike glucose and insulin (and ideally try to keep the carbs, proteins and fat balanced). i think what it try to do is more or less the south beach diet. i'm a major carbohydrate addict, so that's the hardest thing for me.

last year i went from 220# to about 194# before thanksgiving -- now i'm back up to about 202#. i'd like to get down to 180# -- i haven't weighed that little probably since i was 15 (i'm 32 now).

Yesterday (Good Friday) I was off work. For breakfast and lunch I had the same things that I have during a normal work day. But instead of sitting behind a desk, like I usually do all day, I worked around the farm and got some things ready for our big meeting at Gilboa Quarry next weekend. I scrubbed the travel trailer on the outside with a brush and even cleaned the awning inside and out. I pulled all the tires and checked the brakes and bearings. I worked around the farm. So for supper, I splurged a bit, we went to the brewery and I had two beers and a corned beef sandwich.

Today, I had a good breakfast and then went out into the woods and ran a chainsaw for a couple hours. I call that my two hour cardio workout, as I'm sweating most of the time, lugging the chainsaw around and pitching wood into the trailer. By 11:30 I was pretty well done. We went over to the movie, the wife saw one and I saw a different one (Hellboy). NO POPCORN, NO SODA, just sat and watched the flick. When we got home I made a sandwich and had some pretzles and an orange. Later for supper I had a large salad with a piece of steak diced up on top. All in all, I have had plenty of exercise and been staying close to my plan for food. If my weight isn't down a little by Monday morning, I'm going to be forced to remove a limb!

You kids keep on keeping on! :wink:

I have been doing good so far. Last night I was sore from yoga the night before, but said screw it and did it again. I am glad that I did because I have a feeling that I would have been more sore this am. Today I ate pretty much the same darn thing that I eat when I go to work. Dinner I had grilled chiken breasts with emeril's essence (recipe attached), nuked sweat potatoe grilled onion and grilled asparagus. The asparagus kicked butt. I tossed them with a little olive oil kosher salt and pepper. Grilled them until they were cooked through (about 10 minutes) did the same for the red onion (cu that in half before grilling). The onion was good, but the asparagus.....mmmmm.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW :lilbunny: :chicken:

I've been doing very well this week. I've started to watch what I'm eating, and I have cut back on the portions.

I've also been walking everyday this week, and today I did two walks. One in the morning, and I just finished one in a light to medium sprinkle. I must be serious about losing weight...finally.

DoUDive2:
I'm embarrassed! :redface: I can't tell you all what I'm eating. It's sooo lame in comparison. Chris

Im right there with you, man. Im not posting anything. Im afraid...
These people are serious!!! I think Im in over my head...

I do feel good about myself though, I have been working on some yard work for three to four hours the last three days (cutting up dead trees, collecting brush, piling wood). Have been giving myself and the chainsaw a good workout...

Nothing embarassing - I am proud to say I had my cheat night tonight (6 days good proper diet, 1 night off to enjoy something as a treat) and I had popcorn w/my son and after he went to bed I had some dark chocolate.

Exercise today was puttin on the fins, throwing the lad in the floatie ring and swimming circles around the pool I did that for about 35-40 minutes. I practiced turns while towing, pushing, tickling feet while passing under a person on the surface, and motorboat sounds while pushing.

I run the premise that exercise should be fun, not a chore. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom