Flight Costs to Coz (from US)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squarepants:
Rainer,

Until this upcoming trip we've always flown into Cancun and ferried over. It's always been a pleasant trek for us, and never really felt it was a waste of time. I think one's opinion on this topic may be swayed by their budget. We've always tried to save $$ on air/hotel so we'd have more for diving/topside fun. Everyones budget is going to be different.
Our 2006, cancelled trip was the cheapest flight we could ever wish for, and it was through Travelocity, on United - $104pp, SEA - CUN this is driving or taking a seperate flight/train to get to Seattle from Pasco(home), and ferrying from PDC to Cozumel (wow!!).
This winter's trip in January the tickets were $389pp+tax, Pasco - Cozumel (not too bad).
Package deals are a really great way to go, too.
If I were you, I would go to Travelocity and set up the Fare Watcher option. That way they will email you with low prices to your selected places. I rely on it.

$389 from Seattle? Wow. We're flying from Vancouver (the one north of the border) and the flight was $700 through Orbitz (not factoring in the package discounts, promotional codes etc) with stops in Vegas and Houston. I looked at Travelocity and Expedia, and package deals from Vancouver are nowhere close to what we found on Orbitz. I was thinking about flying out of Sea-Tac but with all the connections, it's going to make for a long day of travel.

lawofgravity:
$389 from Seattle? Wow. We're flying from Vancouver (the one north of the border) and the flight was $700 through Orbitz (not factoring in the package discounts, promotional codes etc) with stops in Vegas and Houston. I looked at Travelocity and Expedia, and package deals from Vancouver are nowhere close to what we found on Orbitz. I was thinking about flying out of Sea-Tac but with all the connections, it's going to make for a long day of travel.

Don't try to correlate distance traveled to the fare. It will only make you crazy.

ggunn:
Don't try to correlate distance traveled to the fare. It will only make you crazy.

Ha, I know what you mean but I'm not too worried about it. With all the package discounts and a $200 promotional code it ended up to be a pretty good deal. Plus the dates were perfect for us. Now if only there were a good way for us Northwesterners to get to Bonaire, that would be sweet. Bonaire in the summer, Cozumel in the winter.... daydreaming slightly.

ggunn:
When I was there last May, there were flights posted on the arrival and departure boards in the CZM airport for flights to and from Cancun.
True that may be, still a really bad idea, I think. I met several SB ppl in Coz for a Single Divers trip, and a couple insisted on doing that even tho I also advised against it. They did not make the first dinner gathering but did make it that night sometime... :light:

Anyway, book now to go in 2 weeks for less than $400 RT taxes included. That's what I did - still there...

lawofgravity:

Oh, I really blew that one! :lightingz
Actually, it's $483+tax from Pasco. It will go from Pasco - Seattle- Houston -Cozumel. I still think it's a really great deal. Sorry about the bad information. I booked straight through Continental.com and I would definately recommend taking a look.

Friends, Romans, and Scuba Divers,

DandyDon:
True that may be, still a really bad idea, I think. I met several SB ppl in Coz for a Single Divers trip, and a couple insisted on doing that even tho I also advised against it. They did not make the first dinner gathering but did make it that night sometime... :light:

Let me be crystal clear on this...so no one mistakes what I write here...Dandy Don, inspite of his reputation as a Don Juan and Master Diver, is correct about this travel issue: Do not pass go and collect $100. And do not fly from Cancun to Cozumel!

Of course, if you enjoy sitting in airports...

And one more item...every once and a while the good folks in the Cancun A/P will decide that they need to separate you from some of your money. Thus, they levy a luggage surcharge.

So, repeat after me: I will not under any circumstances fly from Cancun to Cozumel!:light:
That's better...

joewr...reminding women that Dandy Don is in town...:eyebrow:

From Chicago we paid $500 in Augest. On our next trip in April we paid $550 from Madison. It would have to be much cheaper for me to fly into Cancun. The Cozumel airport is so nice and trouble free.

Best we've seen in a while is $465 r/t from San Francisco to CZM in mid-Feb. Best price was directly through the Continental website. We do WHATEVER we have to do to not connect through Denver during the winter months, for obvious reasons. Houston is our choice.

stevenq99:
From Chicago we paid $500 in Augest. On our next trip in April we paid $550 from Madison. It would have to be much cheaper for me to fly into Cancun. The Cozumel airport is so nice and trouble free.

Hi, Steven,

Would you be so kind as to repeat that for our scuba buddies? Heck, will do it for you:

"The Cozumel airport is so nice and trouble free."

And I will enhance it...all at no extra charge...

I should mention that sometimes a seemingly friendly sole will sidle up to you and ask you to accompany him or her to a desk...be polite and refuse...it is just a tourist agency shill...once you pass immigration and get your luggage, all you have to do is hand your papers to the customs officer and wait for the green light. Then you are off to whatever taxi you are using to get to your digs.

joewr

joewr:
...once you pass immigration and get your luggage, all you have to do is hand your papers to the customs officer and wait for the green light. Then you are off to whatever taxi you are using to get to your digs.

Slight correction here... You cannot take a taxi from the Cozumel airport; ground transportation from the CZM airport is by way of the shuttle service run by the taxi union. You go out of Customs into the lobby area and bear right; there is a window there where you buy your shuttle tix, different prices for different hotel zones.

You could also schlep all your equipaje 100 yards or so out to the street, if it's worth it to you to save 6 or 8 bucks (if there are two of you. If you are alone it's a wash) and 10-15 minutes. Not to me (traveling light is not in our vocabulary), but YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom