Flight Costs to Coz (from US)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehehehe.....use expedia farecatcher....then go to the airline's website to see if the fares are even cheaper at that time:thumbs_up:

Torcatdog:
We purchased 4 tickets as part of an air-hotel package for around $1100. It is non-stop from Minneapolis to Cozumel and under $300 per person taxes and transfers included! 1/21 - 1/28/07

The Hotel Cozumel package includes all meals and local beverages for around $200 a night.

Expedia has a neat farewatcher tool that allows you to pick a departure city and destination, then select a price point that you would like to beat. You will recieve an e-mail when that criteria is met. Pretty neat even as an educational tool.

BTW - Worryfree MLT vacations - has always done well by me.
Happy trails!
TCD
Charter flight or real airline?

Many like the charter flights for saving money, but I do't live close to an origin city, don't really save by the time I travel to DFW, and to me - a real airline would be worth a couple hundred more dollars for various reasons. They're not for everyone, yet - if you live close to a city served, and you're paying for 4 tickets, I'd consider it.

I'm one of the unfortunate souls who would rather take a taxi at airport rather than take a shuttle. Maybe I'm wrong but it would seem to shave a lot of unnecessary waiting and lineups both at the airport and hotel. I can understand taking a shuttle if you're hauling a truck full of equipment but we're not carrying that much anyways so it's not that big of a deal to walk 100 yards to the road to flag down a cab. My last trip, there were a bunch of taxis right by the terminal, I just pointed to the road and one of them met me there.

lawofgravity:
I'm one of the unfortunate souls who would rather take a taxi at airport rather than take a shuttle. Maybe I'm wrong but it would seem to shave a lot of unnecessary waiting and lineups both at the airport and hotel. I can understand taking a shuttle if you're hauling a truck full of equipment but we're not carrying that much anyways so it's not that big of a deal to walk 100 yards to the road to flag down a cab. My last trip, there were a bunch of taxis right by the terminal, I just pointed to the road and one of them met me there.

Hi,

I will go out on a limb here and comment on what you said: MAKES SENSE!:)

joewr

You are lucky not to book from Pittsburgh, direct flights were coming in at about $600pp (using a multitude of on-line search sites) at the end of Feb, so for the first time we opted for the Cancun - schlep to Cozumel route. Savings of a little over $200 pp. How bad can it be.

lawofgravity:
I'm one of the unfortunate souls who would rather take a taxi at airport rather than take a shuttle. Maybe I'm wrong but it would seem to shave a lot of unnecessary waiting and lineups both at the airport and hotel.

What's your hurry? I've never had to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes from the time I cleared Customs until I was on a shuttle on the way to my hotel. Sure, we're crammed in like sardines, but everyone is friendly and has the "We're here!" attitude in common.

ggunn:
What's your hurry? I've never had to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes from the time I cleared Customs until I was on a shuttle on the way to my hotel. Sure, we're crammed in like sardines, but everyone is friendly and has the "We're here!" attitude in common.

Hi, ggunn!

I guess what is operative here is the old Latin expression, "De gustabus est non disputandum."--or in our tongue..."Different strokes for different folks." :D

That said, when we used to stay at the Fiesta Americana, I sure coulda used less comeraderie and more elbow room! Now we stay in the north of town and are the first ones to "pop out". That is nice....:eyebrow:

And Cozumel is nice!

joewr...nothing to report here...but keep your eye on this space...

joewr:
Hi, ggunn!

I guess what is operative here is the old Latin expression, "De gustabus est non disputandum."--or in our tongue..."Different strokes for different folks." :D

Or in Netspeak, DSFDF. ;^)

ggunn:
Or in Netspeak, DSFDF. ;^)

Bingo!:D

And, nice to meet you!:coffee: (Please replace coffee cup with wine glass.)

joewr...thinking, "You meet the nicest folks on this Board...."

ggunn:

I think we've had this same discussion in the past, LOL! I guess it's the difference between someone who can travel to Cozumel regularly and someone who can only make a trip once every year/two years. The sooner we can get to the beach with a margarita in our hand, the better. And after a long flight from Canada, more lineups and waiting in a shuttle to drop off other passengers are the last things we need. Being in a hurry has nothing to do with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom