Florida Dive Show Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I missed meeting Curt, but I believe my children did with Jenny or Krista.. I'm so bummed I missed the 2nd day of the show, but hey, it went on and everyone (including my boys) enjoyed it!! I can't wait till next year!!! I'll be there at LEAST a day and a half before something weird happens....

Anyone have any highlights of any of the talks, booths, etc., that stands out and they could share??

jviehe:
It was more of a report on my entire trip down south than specifically about the show.

Ah, you are correct. I just noticed the word "Trip" in the title. I was definitely more interested in feedback on the show itself. One of the organizers had been interested 6 months ago in having me present a film at the show, but when I tried to contact her c/o the e-mail address on her card nothing happened. Hence my curiosity.

Thanks, Marvel, for your account. That was the kind of post I was hoping for. Either that or one full of good underwater sex stories (about the marine life not humans... well, maybe that too!).

drbill:
Ah, you are correct. I just noticed the word "Trip" in the title. I was definitely more interested in feedback on the show itself. One of the organizers had been interested 6 months ago in having me present a film at the show, but when I tried to contact her c/o the e-mail address on her card nothing happened. Hence my curiosity.

Thanks, Marvel, for your account. That was the kind of post I was hoping for. Either that or one full of good underwater sex stories (about the marine life not humans... well, maybe that too!).
Hey Bill, here is a link to another report..
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=120732

:blush: Oops! Thanks for pointing that out, Jen-ny. I'll stop hijacking this post now...I've moved my report & a few relevant responses over to the other thread....

Marvel:
:blush: Oops! Thanks for pointing that out, Jen-ny. I'll stop hijacking this post now...I've moved my report & a few relevant responses over to the other thread....
Great report though. I wouldve liked to write something like that, but Im no good.

well, you know us fish ID folks.. gotta correct everything...
Pic #2 is a white file fish, orange phase (I know, sound like I really know what I am talking about. :D)
Pic #3 is a Honeycomb Cowfish
Pic #4 is a Spanish Hogfish, quite different than the generic hogfish.

Whoops, I posted the cow when i thought I did the Squirrel. I have another one with a squirrel. The filefish is actually a white spotted filefish, so ha! :). And I really wasnt sure about the Parrot, as to which kind, plus the Hog didnt quite match the spanish to me, but it did seem close. Unfortunately it didnt say Adios.

You are quite correct that it is a white spotted. Thanks for checking my typo. :wink:
Notice that I did not identify the parrot...don't have the book at my disposal right now, but I think it may be a female queen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom