Florida Keys Q1 - Best Restaurants in KL & Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breakfast-Really just two, Harriett's mm 95 and Made 2 Order mm 91. There' also a new Denny's at mm 98. then again its a Denny's.

Lunch-again just two imo Mrs Mac's one at 98 and one at 97. Key Largo Fisheries Backyard at mm 100. This one you'll have to ask for directions as it's not on US 1. Well worth the effort.

Dinner-nothing in Key Largo, zip. Islamorada however is a veritable feast, hard to go wrong. My faves include Old Tavernier at mm90. Italian and seafood specialties. A locals' favorite.
Lazy Days as mentioned about mm 82 Oceanside. Beuatiful place.
Kaiyos' Asian prepared seafood and chef owned Michael's next door. Great food and service, not waterfront. mm 85 Old Road.
For pure atmosphere and your'e willing to spend $$$ Morada Bay bayside about mm 84.

Avoid imo-Islamorada Fish Company, Marker 88, Uncles, Ballyhoos's, Pilot House.

Best of luck, again some of the best dining in the Keys and for that matter all of Florida is Islamorada.

Second on Key Largo Fisheries for lunch, super great fresh food, the Lobster BLT is to die for. Not hard to find, nothing is these days with Google Maps and GPS's and whatnot.

The upstairs restaurant (the galley?) by Ocean Divers has the best fish tacos I've had anywhere.

Fish House Encore serves good fish too, didn't make it there on the last trip, dying to try their lionfish appetizer:

4kmwZ.St.143.jpg

Another second: Category 3 for their burgers....pulled pork stuffed burger, soooooo good.

Just ate at the fish house in largo on sunday stone crabs were delicious and best key lime pie i ever had

i can't remember the name of the restaurant in/near islamorada that i like -- it's the long yellow building with seating on the 2nd floor near Robbies ?

That sounds like wahoo's

e-arrowtoslip.jpg

My favorites include DJs Diner for breakfast, Category 3 for burgers, Denny's Latin Cafe for Cuban food.

Dinner: Best sunsets and good food: Marker 88
Awesome sunsets, great food and my favorite waiter, John - Bayside Grille

Other places we frequent: Shipwrecks (just a joint on the water - good food, cold drinks, & bar wenches :D ) - don't miss the coconut onion rings and AYCU Fish on Fridays.
Snappers (ask for the manager ScubaLew on SB)

There are so many wonderful eateries here (that probably explains the +20# :shocked2: since I moved here), that you will have to come back again

+1 for Kaiyo's in Islamorada. Pricey, but their sushi and woodfire grilled dishes were awesome. We went there twice for dinner during a 4-night stay.

In Key Largo, the fish tacos at the Galley (next to Ocean Divers) have never disappointed!

Last edited:
Great home cooked breakfast at Harrietts. Nice big ham and cheese omelet and corned beef hash. mmmmmmmm

Islamorada Bakery has a decent breakfast as well, and the sticky buns are to die for.

---------- Post added October 23rd, 2013 at 11:12 PM ----------

Shipwrecks is right beside Atlantis dive center/Capt. Slates right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom