Florida Keys Q1 - Best Restaurants in KL & Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hobo's- after a great day on the reef and your'e too tired to go back to the hotel to shower and dress. Great bar food and more.

They were kicked out of the old place to make room for a mega resort just before the big real estate bust. The big plans never happened pf course and after foreclosures, whatever, the old site at mm 104 is vacant. Kudo's to Hobo's for picking up the pieces and relocating.

Hobo's- after a great day on the reef and your'e too tired to go back to the hotel to shower and dress. Great bar food and more.

They were kicked out of the old place to make room for a mega resort just before the big real estate bust. The big plans never happened pf course and after foreclosures, whatever, the old site at mm 104 is vacant. Kudo's to Hobo's for picking up the pieces and relocating.

We ate at Hobos while staying at Kelly's, they would even deliver lunch to the boat on the days we did morning and afternoon trips. It had great food. We miss Kelly's! We have not tried the new Hobos but we should. This past trip we ate at MEAT in Islamorada. By far the best burgers we have ever had. They also have an outstanding collection of beer on tap. I would highly recommend you try it.

We ate at Hobos while staying at Kelly's, they would even deliver lunch to the boat on the days we did morning and afternoon trips. It had great food. We miss Kelly's!

I'm sure if you ask nicely, you can find another op that will leave you on the reef overnight. :wink:

I'm sure if you ask nicely, you can find another op that will leave you on the reef overnight. :wink:

We always had a great time at Kelly although I must say if they left me on a reef I might have thought differently. The location was great. We now stay in Tavernier at Island Bay Resort and dive with Conch Republic. It's a big step up in accommodations! We dove last weekend and had a great time.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestion. We are going to list and map out everyone's suggestions and see where we end up each day/night. We can hardly wait.:yeahbaby:

Hi Old Bear!
What a great idea... Can you post you the list?

my objective dining picks(most mentioned in previous posts) beginning north heading south: num-thai, fish house, fish house encore, docs diner, key largo fisheries backyard, chad's deli, tasters grille, old Tavernier, city hall café, meat eatery, marker 88, island grill, lorelei(I suggest drinks and sunset only. food OK), Islamorada fish company(touristy and overpriced, on the water! zane greys for libations and sunset), lazy days(#1),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Hi Old Bear!
What a great idea... Can you post you the list?

Yeppers...great idea.

I plan to post a detailed trip report, so I will include it in there.

LOL shoot so much for having in hand to use on 11-15-13....Maybe I'll beat you to it

I will try and compile the list in a few days for you. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom