Florida trys to ban internet scuba purchases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get it now, April fools(lol)

Uncertified folks who are that stupid to use the equipment without proper training would probably kill themselves with some other item/tool/equipment anyway. So, by the logic placed forth here, every dangerous purchase item needs certification to be bought, and all internet purchases need to be banned, for everything. Ridiculous! We can't continue protecting stupid people by infringing on the rights of those with a brain.

well damn, APRIL FOOLS BACK AT YA!

That's it, I'm not gonna trust any post until tomorrow.

--
David

Heh. It's sad that in this day & age, such a thing is credible enough to be taken for fact at face value.

By the time I got to the date reminder, I was mulling over whether it would be enforceable. After all, the out-of-state vendor is out of Florida's jurisdiction, & quite a few illegal things get sold online.

Unless they can train scuba gear-sniffing dogs to work at the post office.

Richard.

String:
Just a reminder what date it is........ (1/4/07)

The probem with politicians is they actually DO things like that. Every day is April Fools day when they are at "work"!
tounge.gif

MBH:
My brother who is a clerk for the Florida House of Representatives called me tonight and informed me that there is a bill moving through the House that seeks to ban Florida residents from buying scuba equipment over the internet.

. . .

You Florida folks better wake up!!!
I suspect that a state law restricting interstate commerce would have quite a battle ahead of it, however, I'll give them "two thumbs up" for their intentions.

They should, instead, have some sort of enforcement of regulations for the sale of compressed air. Although the folks that live there probbaly have a better handle on it, I go to FL a few times a year to visit relatives, and am absolutely amazed that that dead divers aren't washing up in bunches on the beaches. There are people who dive once a year for lobsters, and once a decade just because "they still have all their gear".

It wouldn't break my heart if they did something like Bonaire where you have to demonstrate that you're not a Darwin candidate before they'll let you in the water.

Terry

he he he how did you make it look like it was slagging off whoever was reading the thread? V clever. I am really dumb, even though I got it was an april fool and was going omg all these people are falling for it, I STILL got worried when I saw my username mentioned. V clever.

btw I wish I did look like that!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom