Florida??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadrew

Reaction score
What is the best diving in Florida (that's 10-60ft deep, that's all the farther that I can go). I know about the Crystal River.

There are great reefs anywhere from West Palm Beach to Key West. I am currently doing most of my diving in Key Largo.
Most of the Wrecks will be deeper than you want, but there is still plenty to see < 60'.
Make sure to discuss your requirements with your Dive Oerator before you go, to make sure you don't get into a dive profile you are not ready for.

Check out the Florida conch forum, there are several threads on Dive operators in the Keys, Miami, and West Palm.

Good luck & good diving.

Depends on what you like.

There's great diving all over the state. Are you looking for reefs? wrecks? big fish? nudibranchs? turtles?

Narrow it down a little. I know what I like, I don't know what you would consider "best" unless I know more about what you like. Why is 60 ft your limit?

Key Largo has a little bit of everything from beautiful reefs to wrecks. Looe Key has decent diving as well as Key West. Just depends on what your looking for.

Reeflover

I think 60ft is his limit because of his age(7th grd):crawl:

"If you stay on the reefs, you will be hard pressed to get below 30 fsw."

Most operators drop you on the shallow part of the reefs, but the reefs off Key Largo are actually very nice on the deep ledges. Most people believe Molassas Reef has a max depth of about 30 ft, but I've seen 100 ft on Molassas. There's a nice ledge that runs all along the reefs of the Keys.

If you want depth on Molasses then try ball 28, Molasses Ledge, the anchor is in 50' and it drops off to about 90'. But either way Key Largo is the best locally.

Walter once bubbled...
Depends on what you like.

Are you looking for .............. nudibranchs?

Hmm Dare I ask?

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom