For Divers that Like to Eat. Who has the best food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Malapascua and there was a great little italian restaurant called Angelina's. The food was quite impressive for being such a remote location. They had an italian chef and rather authentic food at reasonable prices. Also, in Malapascua, Oscars bar at TSD has an amazing Nasi Goreng.
Bali had some great restaurants, most of them are far from the diving, but there were some good restaurants at the resorts near CandiDasa

Best food I have ever had on a live aboard dive boat was on Belize Dancer in July 2012. Cook was Jerry and he truly loved making sure that everything was excellent. The entire group of divers commented on how good of a cook Jerry was and all the extra effort he put into making every meal special. Last time I checked he was still listed as chef for this boat.
The second best food was on the Cayman Aggressor in July 2011 with Chef Kingsley from Jamaica. Word is he has moved on.

If you like good food I would not recommend the Nautilus Explorer to Guadalupe (great diving but absolutely bland meals with no spice and no flavor) or the Carib Dancer.

Best food i had was on the Naia in Fiji, just great.

The best Italian food I have have ever eaten, was a toss up between the food at Chez Black in Positano and the food at Paradiso in Lake Worth, Fl Paradiso Restaurant | Menus

From the diving perspective, the view from the roads coming down the mountain to Positano make the reefs look compelling--and I actually had to do some diving there after cycling over these roads and getting caught up in the beauty.....but once underwater, the diving was lifeless and boring, unfortunately....the Med is just too fished out.....

Palm Beach on the otherhand, just minutes away from the restaurant Paradiso, has world class diving...as you could see from my post at number 13 in this thread.... :)
If food really is important to you, that really narrows down the diving destinations dramatically.

Best food I have ever had on a live aboard dive boat was on Belize Dancer in July 2012. Cook was Jerry and he truly loved making sure that everything was excellent. The entire group of divers commented on how good of a cook Jerry was and all the extra effort he put into making every meal special. Last time I checked he was still listed as chef for this boat.
The second best food was on the Cayman Aggressor in July 2011 with Chef Kingsley from Jamaica. Word is he has moved on.

If you like good food I would not recommend the Nautilus Explorer to Guadalupe (great diving but absolutely bland meals with no spice and no flavor) or the Carib Dancer.

WOW!! We strive and want to be known for excellence in everything onboard the Nautilus Explorer. This is not the first comment we've received this spring about the food on the Nautilus Explorer. I can tell you that not only are we deeply upset about it, we are taking immediate corrective action. We are currently asking guests to fill out a 12 question survey on the current menu with a rating system. We actually have a consultant and professional chef onboard right now working with our cooks on their prep. Changes are being made. We are deeply chagrined. I believe that the food on our sistership is to a very high level. We will fix this situation. And are deeply apologetic. sincerely.

Captain Mike Lever
Nautilus Explorer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom