• Never took a class, for DIR

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • Never took a class, against DIR

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • It's a stupid argument and I dont care one way or the other

Votes: 64 53.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
I must have missed something...Did someone in the "DIR camp" do something
Just every once in a while some folk start feeling poorly about themselves and begin to lash out....

Gotta love them anyway O-ring... especially right now... gently encouragement and patient forebearance - that's the ticket.

Just every once in a while some folk start feeling poorly about themselves and begin to lash out....

I guess I too would feel pretty cranky all the time if I kept stirring up the bottom and couldn't hold my stops without holding onto a hang bar.

Sorry for not being more empathetic...

:jester:

"I give up-you go your way I'll go mine."

FLL Diver once bubbled...
Enlightenment!
And yes, in this case I would say that is enlightenment.

None of us who are trying to explain things from a DIR POV care one wit whether or not you accept or reject what we have to say...

Accept or reject... that is your choice.

The incessant braying that we are trying to compel you to dive a certain way is a merely a construct of your imagination.

O-ring once bubbled...
I voted for option 1 because I took a GUE class and I dive that way. I am sick of the argument though and am willing to agree to disagree...you dive your way and I'll dive mine...

Thank you O-ring

No, I haven't taken the class but I did buy the book. To tell you the truth, I have been a little scared off from the whole DIR thing because of all of the retoric. I've learned to dive from old school Jersey wreck divers, which raises a lot of emotions in people as much as DIR appears to. Me, I just want to learn as much as I can, be a safe diver, and progress to be the best diver I can be. My goal, as TexasMike once said, is to be able to dive the great wrecks, and be able to stay down there long enough to see some cool stuff.

So, with all of that being said, to quote Rodney... "Can't we all just get along" :D

Ty

never took a GUE class
"For" the GUE standards for GUE, and for anyone else who wants to adopt 'em
"Against" the term "DIR" as "property of GUE (or Halcyon or anyone else)"
Rick

Don't you get it? The answer choices are STANDARDIZED!!!!!

OK, as long as people are diving safe and feel comfortable with their configuration and their buddy feels comfortable with their configuration, what difference does it make?

Let's go have some good, safe diving fun and not worry so much about what the 'title' of your diving style is.

:rolleyes:
Whew!

I have not attended GUE training and don’t intend to in the near future. But what does it mean to be for or against DIR? If it refers to the all or nothing mentality or that there is only one way to do things or you’ll die, than I’m against it. On the other hand if it refers to the principles and practices, while I freely admit I don’t know a whole lot, as I learn more, the principles, in particularly the equipment configuration are making more sense, so maybe I’m for it.

MNScuba once bubbled...
Let's go have some good, safe diving fun and not worry so much about what the 'title' of your diving style is.
...some folk are having a little acronym induced self image problem right now... and we need to stay and help them work through this crisis...

Nah....

I'm with you - let's go diving!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom