force fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would be preferable to either in my opinion.

If you're sold on one of those 2, Scubapro is real dive equipment.

Tom

Wreckwriter, I have used all there, force fins, twin jets, and combat boots, and I can honestly say that either fin would work better then the boots.
:D
As far as which fin is better, I think the force fin really shines if you get leg cramps, specifically calf cramps, the force fin will take care of that. If not then the twinjet works pretty good as long as you don't ever need alot of power, or need to fight a strong current, or need to use alot of alternet kicks.

I just don't unerstand the prejudice against force fins. I think they're the best fins I've ever used. They have elimintaed my leg cramps. I can move through the water very quickly with them and I don't experience any fatigue. They are efficient fins. What's not to like?

My main objection is the silting effect that they have. They are far worse than any other fins I have seen. It's amazing that one FF can silt out a wreck more efficiently than 5 other divers!

No idea why, but watch an FF diver swimming over a silty bed and watch the vortex come off the end of the fin and stir all the mud up, even from a couple of metres above the bottom.

Chris

Agreed on the vortex that they creat ,but if it woks for you....go for it.I have tried all mentioned and bought none of the above.I use Tusa X-Pert Zoom.little leg movement ankle mostly on close to bottom dives with miniscule silting.Although they feel wierd frogging but work very well.Good diving and happy btm!

I have the Force Fins and they have been great. I think that the thing I like most about them is the open toe design. I never have been very fond of wearing boots, and I only wear skins or a shorty when I dive. So for me it's not so much about performance as it is about comfort.

Never have experienced cramps with my FF. But I hear that the split fin design is really nice too.

I took my rescue class over the weekend and during the "tired diver tow" I was told to slow down because I was "out kicking" everyone else. I was just kicking normally. The only difference was that they had a traditional fin and I had FF. Go figure.

-Rick

No one has mentioned that they make you resemble a duck. I guess not more than my jetfins, but do the tips have to curl upwards?

I've heard that they are great, but I just can't bring myself to try them...

Sorry. Split fins before FF. Would be interested in checking out how well they work using the modified kicks.

If I replaced my Force Fins, it would be with another pair of Force fins. Properly fitted, you kick with the ankle, eliminating foot cramp and fatigue. Light and easy to pack too.

I tried split fins in Hawaii and didn't have the hovering control I have with FF.

Not great for snorkeling but I'm not going to travel with two sets of fins!!!

Fins .. my personal opinion

I started off with paddle fin

then move on to Split Fin ..the Bio fins

after that got into Mares Plana Avanti

followed by Mares Volo

then ended up with Force Fin ... Delta Pro

.......... I think for now I'm very happy with DeltaPro Force Fin
Short, easy to manage in & out of water, allow different type of fining ..... no bottom silt with proper fining technique.

Great against current ..... very powerful

But the price ;-0 ...... worth it.

:D

Back
Top Bottom