Fort Lauderdale Shore diving 10/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The forecast is calling for winds out of the SE at 5 - 10 for Sunday. I think Angie and I are going to try it. If we do, we'll be at SE 12th Street, Pompano Beach (between the Seaview condominiums and the Beachcomber). Don't know about the time, but it's likely to be early a.m. Probably 8 ish. If anyone wants to join us, give me a ring.

I saw the weather report tonight also that said Sunday looked good. Tenatively count me in! I think I already have a sitter also! Whoo Hoo!

I’m most likely will join for the Sunday morning beach dives

ReneeC:
Was just about to drop a note asking where you've been! I miss my dive buddy!

Yeah, I've been so busy that all I've been able to squeeze in is an hour or two here and there as a lurker! Things should start improving this week.

Just in case you guys are complaining about conditions at our favorite beaches, let me share a brief report of my dive yesterday afternoon: Viz was 2', water temp 72 degrees, but I just had to get wet, so I did a little solo lake exploration...

I'm envious of Sunday. I hope you guys can feel my moral/immoral/amoral support. I should be back down in a couple of weeks for work. I'll be sure to post, so that we can get together for a dive day.

My best to everybody,
Grier

Let's meet round 8 or so at Hibiscus...ok?

is it set in stone yet? I'm thinking it's sounding way to good to pass up too :D

Jenny, you'd dive in a laundromat giant washing machine, I swear! C'mon by, but visibility is about 5' and the surf was about 5-6' It was dark on the bottom, like winter, this afternoon. If you do dive be ready to spend your time in a small area going slow and concentrating on detail rather than covering a lot of ground. you might get to see some things we usually miss. I think Marvel is going to go so call her.
Scuba_Jenny:
Let's meet round 8 or so at Hibiscus...ok?

I just spoke to Baitedstorm, and we are on for 8-8:30! Rick and Angie are discussing the pros and cons of diving tomorrow also....fun fun fun!

Well, Jenny did show up as advertized and actually did a second dive with Marvel. Of course it was "great" in Jen's optimistic enthusiasm, but that's what we all love about her.

I had to give it a try and snorkeled out a bit on the 1st reef and she was half right. it wasn't half bad! LOL

It's red tide now or something like it, and it's dark at the bottom in only 13 feet. The usual fish were out includes a couple of BIG angels, and I ever saw an eel.

So the moral is that you can trust Jen's dive- instinct, but just half! Thanks, Jen, I would have missed a fun day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom