Fort Lauderdale Shore diving 10/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya know, I love ya man! You are so funny. I must admit the vis really dropped the second dive.
Dive one Vickie and I saw a couple misidentified sharks as jacks. Pretty cool. Two of them made a close pass, making sure our hearts were working fine!
The surf was a not the lazy summer day diving type entry. Vis on the surface was about 3'. Once we descended the vis really opened up and we put away the buddy line.

A word of caution to those who might think of diving with Vickie in the future. Most people collect seashells and other trinklets. Vickie chose to collect a stop sign! The two of us lugged the sign, with a bent Detour sign below it, attached to a 6ft pole, in and set it next to Marvels. Beautiful!

Dive 2 with Marvel, the vis dropped to about half, the current switched directions.

The water temps are dropping and it is now time to break out the wetsuits...bummer... summer is gone..

Ah, the sign. Pictures were taken & then I deposited it in the trash.... don't want to be accused of any illegal sign stealing!

The dive that Jenny & I did was admittedly not so hot but still, we were diving instead of wishing!

Scuba_Jenny:
snip...The water temps are dropping and it is now time to break out the wetsuits...bummer... summer is gone..
LOL last summer was my first in S Florida and I didn't know how good I had it. Remember diving in the morning, then after work in evenings too, and even SOMETIMES doing a night dive on top of that?! The water was clear and warm, the fish abundant, and only one tropical depression waaay out east of us to spoil visibility for a few days.

This summer I don't think we've had ONE day of comparable diving. I'm looking forward to calm and clear Fall diving even if the water is a little chilly (lol 80-degrees is "chilly" for us down here!).

But there have been fun times, of course - trips to the Keys, finally did Teneco Towers, and watching y'all try and make the best of diving between surfers and wave sets, not to mention the pea-soup visibility.

This summer has taught me to count my blessings - especially my friends - and not take an average dive-day for granted!

I had a great time Sunday!!!!! The two jacks scared the beejesus out of me (yeah, I'm the one who thought they were sharks, not Jenny....hehehehehehe) The stop sign was a total bonus for the day! I got the pictures put on cd, I just cant get the cd player thingy on the computer to open, I think open of the kiddies were mucking around with it. Hopefully Darrel can fix it later so can post our found treasure :D

If the CD drive is stuck, a straightened paper clip in the little hole will open it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom