Fossil Ledge Dive 14 March 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad I don't live up there otherwise I'd go. Some day perhaps.

Last edited:
at least 12 more?

How many divers can dig at one site at one time?

That seems awfully crowded

I am not sure of the dive being crowded the dive shop told me that they need a min. of 12 people in order for the boat to leave the marina and that the boat can hold max of 18 divers.

I wish i had more time also i don't really think the dive will happen do to the fact i need more people to go diving on this trip. I am leaving the east coast the 25th of this month that's why i chose that date if you want to try to schedule something for the weekend after i am willing to do that but like i said we need min 12 divers. I hope this helps thanks for the comments.

Outer Banks Diving will have the Flying Fish in Carolina Beach for about a month beginning April 10. We will be diving the ledges every day weather allows even if there are no paying customers that want to go. Contact Amy for details 252-986-1056.

As far as being crowded goes, the ledges extend for miles and the teeth can be found all along them and out into the sand. It's a huge area to search. The only limit to how far you can go and spread out is your air supply and navigation skills (or how much line's on your reel). I've been down there with a dozen divers and not seen another person until I was on the hang line.

Outer Banks Diving will have the Flying Fish in Carolina Beach for about a month beginning April 10. We will be diving the ledges every day weather allows even if there are no paying customers that want to go. Contact Amy for details 252-986-1056.

As far as being crowded goes, the ledges extend for miles and the teeth can be found all along them and out into the sand. It's a huge area to search. The only limit to how far you can go and spread out is your air supply and navigation skills (or how much line's on your reel). I've been down there with a dozen divers and not seen another person until I was on the hang line.

Thanks for the info. I will try to get a group together.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom