Found Hendersen Hyperstretch On Ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldnt' call them Delux. They fit good, but I don't think they are as warm or as well made as suits used to be. (but of course I guess none of them are....) Their gloves are definately not that well made.

I think with Henderson you pay a lot because of the name, the glossy 2 page ads in dive mags, and the 'assortment of colors/styles' choices.

I personally think the average dealer would go broke if he tried to stock every Henderson Wetsuit style, in every color, and every size needed.

Their complicated line is what causes their suits to be so high priced. For example. their 5mm instadry MAP is over $500. (that's MAP, not the higher MSRP).

They raised their MAP a year or so ago and started 'enforcing' it with their dealers. Since then I'd venture to say their sales volume has dropped as people have made economic choices that have different brand names. (Henderson is not the only one that this is happening to.)

I don't think any suits on eBay comes with the manufacture warranty. At least Henderson asks a receipt, not a Paypal payment slip...

In addition, $169 is his/her starting price, not a final price. Check out the previous transactions and the final prices were more than $200 with a reserve.

I wouldnt' call them Delux. They fit good,

that's why they are delux, IMV. They feel like velvet, fit like a custom suit.

I don't care about the ads. I used to wear custom, now the Henderson fits me great.

I dare anyone to call Henderson in Jersey, talk to somebody for 5 minutes and then contest what I am saying about their customer service. (or warranty) It's like calling a sweatshop.

I would say, buy it, buy it grey, and forget the warranty. Don't touch the insta-dry.

BTW..there is an identical suit "out there" now...must be the same fabric, for a lot less that their retail.

I just tried to order at Henderson (thanks Mike) the e-mail form wouldn't work, so I will just call.

You are right, it's not the craftsmanship that's good...it's just the fabric and the fact that they don't have huge logos and are a nice basic black (and blue).

YMWV though...
My warranty services with a Henderson were a full replacement, not a repair job.

I have been very pleased with their warranty service. Otherwise, I won't buy any suits from an authorized and retail store in that price.

One thing I don't like with a Henderson is to contact their customer service. They never picked up a phone call, but an answering machine (no call back).....:(

My warranty services with a Henderson were a full replacement, not a repair job.

good job. what was the warranty for? Stitching or what? did you need the receipt?

catherine96821:
good job. what was the warranty for? Stitching or what? did you need the receipt?

Stitching.. Yes, they wanted to have a receipt.

I don't think they are doing a repairing case one by one. It will be too much labor cost for them. A simple replacement is much better option for both sides or sending a slightly irregular one (even if they didn't say and we can't notice it though). A dry suit is a different story though.

To be honest, a wet suit is like a clothes. You will be surprised at their real manufacturing cost. Whenever you see a price drop or mark down rate among a scuba equipment, an exposure suit is the first and highest sale off item...

For your reference, the real cost on a high luxury brand clothes is less than 10% of its MSRP..

oh wow. Hey, do companies acknowledge credit card bill as a reciept? I don't know how people save all these reciepts. Files?

catherine96821:
oh wow. Hey, do companies acknowledge credit card bill as a reciept? I don't know how people save all these reciepts. Files?

I do...:wink:

From a previous lesson, I learned to collect all receipt and scan it on my archives.
It helps a lot to avoid any hassle whenever I need a warranty service. :D

I actually bought my Henderson's (both of them) from the #2 poster in this thread. I've never had to do a warranty issue on Henderson, but I did on somehting else he sold me. The nice thing is that he can print me a new receipt if I need it.

The only thing I've had a warranty issue about though, he took care of for me through his shop, so no worries there either.

Having the extra customer service is worth a few extra pennies sometimes.

I would only pay with paypal, just in case the guy is a fraud, and you need insurance to cover for a scam.

Back
Top Bottom