Found Hendersen Hyperstretch On Ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow... Phill even matches an eBay price.. I can't believe that....

WC47, please let us know how you end up with...:wink:

Well to summarize this saga of this Ebay comparison, the wetsuit in question went for $202 on Ebay. The kicker is it was "RESERVE NOT MET".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160079770812

Never the less, the seller already has it listed again in a never ending cycle. Interesting the only thing he is selling is several different Henderson Wetsuits in many different sizes. He has no other scuba stuff for sale. It's like he got a huge "side shipment" of them or something. Seems sneaky. Just my 2 cents worth.

PhilEllis:
At the time you place your order, we will match ANY price for an item that is currently available. If it is available at that price, or any other price, at the time you place your order, we will match the price. Hundreds of customers have taken advantage of our price matching policy. You simply need to phone us, give us the name of the business that has the lower price, and we contact them to verify the price. If all verifies, we match the price. I look forward to your order. Thanks.

A Note About Auctions: If the only way to purchase this suit from the vendor is through an auction, then it is a little bit difficult to determine his price AT THE TIME YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER. We can easily determine the price for the suit sold yesterday, but price matching policies (no matter who offers them) must be based on what you could purchase the suit for at the time of your order. Since a current auction on a suit is ongoing, with additional bidders moving the price up minute by minute, we cannot determine what the suit is going for NOW. But if we can determine the sellers price for the suit now, we match the price. Very simple.

Phil Ellis

The way I'm reading this is that ebay auctions are essentially off limits, correct? What if we were able to discern the sellers Reserve Price? Doubt it, but it's worth a shot:14:

Well what I think Phi's pointing out is that the price keeps floating around and sometimes never sells because it doesn't meet reserve price. (but I don't speak for Phil either...)

If the guy has a set advertised price, I think that Phil will meet it, even if it's below his cost.

However, it appears that the seller is a "shadow dealer" that really isn't listed as a dealer, has no real location or advertised prices, and from other posts has issues dealing with exchanges on sizes, etc. Awfully hard to get a price out of someone when they essentially don't exist.

I dont know if there is any significance to this, but the suits are currently not available via diveright on ebay.

UTKnox:
I dont know if there is any significance to this, but the suits are currently not available via diveright on ebay.

Henderson is pretty enforceful of their MAP (Minimum Advertised Price ) on the Henderson Dealer agreement. They even enforce this on Leisure Pro.

I know they've had this problem before and have made the dealer sell at MAP or have jerked their dealerships. I got a feeling that Henderson has someone check EBAY at least once a week to make sure no "shadow dealers" are advertising like this and not providing warranty, etc. I"m betting that the seller got a letter from the Henderson attorney's office. (but that's just an assumption on my part).

My initial thought on this is "it's a wetsuit, how important can the warranty be?" Then I recalled about two years ago, as I was suiting up at the local quarry, I pulled the cord on my full-body 7mm Henderson Gold Core, and the zipper popped. I rented a quarry suit, and the next week brought the suit in to the shop where I bought it. It was a 3 year old suit and out of warranty. Shop owner advised me that he would go to bat for me, but that I was likely on my own for paying for the repair. Fair enough...

Fast forward 2 weeks later....I get a call from John that my suit is back at the shop. I go back to pick it up. He hands me the bill. $15 for shipping. Henderson put up no fuss whatsoever about covering the repair, even though the suit was out of warranty.

I don't think much of the whole MAP approach or selling warranties attitude in the industry, but I have a hard time complaining about Henderson after this experience. If possible, I would recommend buying a Henderson suit from an authorized dealer. However, do what's best for you. I don't think I would exactly put a wetsuit, especially a 5mm, in the life-support catagory, so what it boils down to is what matters to you...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom