Found this wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

“Wouldn'tit stand to reason that if you leave it there, then everyone could enjoy it?”

Well, let’s start with I’ve spent 5 k on a sonar, 20k on a boat , 15k on dive equipment and years scanning the ocean bottom looking for untouched wrecks. This is one of those wrecks that nobody else can enjoy as its location is known only to me. It’s safe to say this wreck will continue remain unknown, because There is no payout, the trinkets found are totally worthless and there are very few people who would be willing to invest the time or money to find something that’s worthless. This wreck is well on its way to becoming dust and the few artifacts i do recover is my reward for all the time and money i have invested.

BTW its not a sailboat

Ummm....I wasn't at all trying to say what you did was wrong or that you shouldn't have taken it.

I was responding to the post above mine (hence why I quoted it). I was only speaking to his comment and nothing else. Outside of that single comment, I would commend you on a great find.

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Nice find there BSB, bet you find some more goodies on her. BTW don't sweat the "Don't touch a wreck" comments new divers are preached to about not disturbing a wreck site. I think this is for 2 reasons. 1 maybe because the instructor or LDS wants to keep it as a money generator. and secondly they may want the goodies for themselves.
Archies want the wrecks so they can con the Feds into giving up your tax money so they can get a grant to keep themselves employed.
Anyone who has dove wrecks here in the North Atlantic knows that that ocean can grind up a freighter in now time so it looks like it went through one of those car shredders, then what good is it.
ZDD

There it will sit undisturbed and barely distinguishable from an old lawnmower until his son throws it out, a few weeks after the estate is settled.

We just need the son to agree to throw it back onto the wreck and people can dive it again :D.

Its always the guy that never finds a thing that cry's out you should have left it for someone else to see it!
As soon as you put on that mask you are always looking for something.
So you can tell me that if you found a gold nugget the size as your fist you would leave it so the next guy can see it?

Attachments

• photo(44).JPG
    photo(44).JPG
    163 KB · Views: 348
I think it is a great achievement... It may be of a sunk boat/ship !! how much deep it was found ??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom