Fourth Weekend diving plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be at CSSP tomorrow. First dive, fine tuning my underwater map around the double platform area.

Rest of the day, fun dives :)

So, where is the closest place to Mansfield to get air fills?

So, where is the closest place to Mansfield to get air fills?

probably dive world on 620 and lakecreek, or you could get them filled over at WPP . I think the new scubaland location will be even closer than dive world but don't think it is open yet.

Giant Stride will be out, wave to the divers when we drive by WPP. I can pickup from the edge of WPP if you want to get off the land for a dive, just a short surface swim to the boat. Cell phone will be on. Afternoon space is available.

Dive Safe this weekend.

Robert

Katherine and I will just have to suffer in the Flower Gardens this weekend. We are in Houston tonight, getting ready to board M/V Fling tomorrow evening (assuming the weather doesnt kill the trip) It's looking a little "iffy" right now w/ 3-5 ft seas. I hope everyone has a great 4th and some great diving this weekend. Be safe...watch out for drunk boaters on Travis this weekend.

Got in a good dive with agdiver today at mansfield. found the toilet on our way out, toured the speedboat and the old dive boat, then came back and spent some time shallow looking at fish on the bottom.

Had some NC redneck picnic crew occupying grill at dive pavillion, but they slid over and gave up some table space to let us ungear. The park was getting packed with a large line coming in by time we pulled out around 2. Report from Wentz and Barstows said packed as well. Mike went back to campsite at Barstows and I headed home to rinse gear, feed dog and self, and get tank filled before heading to local 4th celebration in nearby park.

Missed seeing Melissa, and Jared decided to go suck a keg dry rather than a tank today:D

Hope everyone having a fun and safe 4th!

profile from todays dive...

Attachments

• mtest4.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 60
Jared decided to go suck a keg dry rather than a tank today:D

Sounds like some fun diving... the Keg was very tasty though. Started at noon and some how at 130am i was on the roof with the other guys finishing it up. We missed the fireworks although we were watching for them. Didnt make it out diving this weekend though spent most of saturday passed out, haha. Some other time for sure.

Jared

Sounds like some fun diving... the Keg was very tasty though. Started at noon and some how at 130am i was on the roof with the other guys finishing it up. We missed the fireworks although we were watching for them. Didnt make it out diving this weekend though spent most of saturday passed out, haha. Some other time for sure.

Jared

Sounds like you had a good fourth yourself, plenty of summer diving left.

Rocket and I went for walk to park and saw some fireworks, then relaxed and took care of some chores and visited with some out of town visitors on saturday, then today met a friend and his two rotties for an afternoon of fun in the sun and surf (wind was kickin') out at arkansas bend park. No real diving but I did take the snorkel gear and did some snorkeling down to about 20 or 30'. Vis was not too bad, maybe 6-12', abundant wildlife, found a turtle hanging out down around 20, saw a couple sweet striped bass that made me wish I had a spear handy (and that spearing them was legal :wink: ).

Think next time I go out I might try to dive that cove, provided the lake doesn't keep dropping and the cove disappear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom