Fred T plate and Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

compressor once bubbled...
I called Lloyd Bailey's and they stated that they have a directive from Halcyon to sell Full Retail and no discounting allowed. Kind of like Scubapro.

But I think it is worth the price.
That's a new development! Try eBay - there's occasionally new/barely used stuff on there.

compressor once bubbled...
I called Lloyd Bailey's and they stated that they have a directive from Halcyon to sell Full Retail and no discounting allowed. Kind of like Scubapro.

But I think it is worth the price.

I ran into this same problem when shopping for my pioneer setup.This was just going into effect when i was shopping for my setup.Luckily i managed to save a few bucks through lloyd baileys before they started the full retail price thing. Also see this link from halcyon.Halcyon posted this around the second or third day after i decided i wanted a bp/wing http://www.halcyon.net/ftp/ftp.shtml

FTP....Unless my eyes have decieved me, Halcyon's FTP is an incredulous (though nicely worded) attempt to justfy price fixing. They are suggesting that price is how we judge quality, and not by quality itself. Unbelievable......These folks never fail to amaze me.

Actually, the Fair Trade Price page doesn't actually link or limit a dealer who chooses to sell Halcyon gear.

I'm not saying that in the signed and dotted agreements, this isn't so (because I just don't know), but you're incorrectly judging the information given.

spaz once bubbled...
FTP....Unless my eyes have decieved me, Halcyon's FTP is an incredulous (though nicely worded) attempt to justfy price fixing. They are suggesting that price is how we judge quality, and not by quality itself. Unbelievable......These folks never fail to amaze me.

I do know that a few weeks before i actually purchased my BP/wing most places would give a decent discount of around 50 bucks including fifthd and lloyd baileys.Luckily i still received about a 55.00 discount from lloyds which is no longer the case.Now fifthd lists their halcyon for full retail where before they were slightly discounted.

I agree halcyon makes great stuff and am willing to pay their price for it.I have also dealt with their customer service department and consider them great...at least the person i talked to was extremely helpful,friendly and resolved my problem asap.It was probably one of my best experiences with customer service right along with scubapro.

But on the other hand dealers should be allowed to discount and sell their gear for whatever they want.So i agree it is an attempt to justify price fixing.This doesnt go foir halcyon but all other manufacturers that price fix.But that has been beaten to death on many other threads so ill leave it at that.

I was in Lloyd's today and the prices aren't full retail. I had a halcyon dealership prior to moving to Florida and we could not sell below x% of a discount from ftp.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom